2,217 results
All reviews frosted glass loft suite boutique hotel perfect location the main street friday and saturday center hotel steam room bring earplugs breakfast was included street noise mini bar early check standard room light sleeper happy hour the heart of the city
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Booked this through booking.com - much cheaper than the other sites.
I really did want to like this hotel but there were just too many things that annoyed me! Firstly they booked me into the wrong room. When I was moved to the correct room it turned out that the TV was broken, the hairdryer was broken, there was no radio (As advertised), and the mini bar was empty...not what you would expect from a deluxe room in a 4 star hotel. I was told twice that the TV would be fixed but it never was and to top everything off they overcharged me €120 and I am still waiting for the refund 3 weeks on!

Other than that the location is perfect and it is a very stylish hotel (although lacking in atmosphere). Guess it was just bad luck!

Date of stay: July 2007
1  Thank s0s0s0s0
Reviewed May 13, 2007

Icland was fantastic both my husband and i loved our time there The Thingholt was a great place to stay very moden, chic,trendy and clean. The front deck staff helpfull and chatty at all times. The location was good, right in the centre within walking distance of great shops and restaurants. The only disadvantage was the drunks on Friday night . The Fly Bus from the airport was very easy, we recommend this as they drop you at your hotel.The tours were well organized you can book them at the hotel or the tourist office around the corner. We did all the tourist things, plus we took a flight up to the north which was fantastic to see a different part of the iland. You dont need a car , as getting around is easy. We will be going back one day i hope and defantly stay at the Thingholt Hotel

Date of stay: April 2007
3  Thank Icehol
Reviewed April 24, 2007

I booked this hotel through Expedia. Their rates for flight plus hotel were over $200 cheaper than booking the same exact package on Icleandair's website. I was excited about the photographs published on the internet with regard to the modern decor, etc. I was not disappointed. The hotel is exactly that beautiful in person. The hotel was extremely clean, and in a really good location...within walking distance of great shopping and restaurants, actually, right out your doorstep. The people at the front desk were very polite and helpful. When I booked at expedia, I had a choice between a standard room vs. deluxe room. I chose deluxe, because the hotel's website says deluxe rooms have either a couch or a bathtub. I wanted a room with a tub. So when we arrived (early, about 9am) not only did they check us in immediately, they gave me a room with a tub and a couch...the largest room on the floor, room 315, according to a floorplan hung on the door for purposes of fire escape information. It was a beautiful room. The ONLY downfall of the hotel is that it is adjacent to a nightclub/bar, which can get VERY noisy at night, with inebriated individuals shouting at the top of their lungs in the middle of the night in the street below. Fortunately, we are sound sleepers, it was a mild irritation. Also, we noted this noise Friday and Saturday night, but not Sunday. Attached are our pics of the hotel. The breakfast was quite adequate, not the huge american breakfast, but a nice continental breakfast with corn flakes, cheerios, yogurt, juice, granola, boiled eggs, fruits, coffee, tea, croissants.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank anonymousVa
Reviewed March 21, 2007

This hotel was slightly out of our price range, so we were pleased when they offered a 4 nights for the price of 3 discount. The location is excellent, right off the main shopping street of Laugavegur. There were several bars within walking distance (some literally a hundred yards away), this did mean that I was woken at 6AM on the Sunday morning as the bars were kicking out but I am a very light sleeper. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a loft suite where we were provided with 2 32" LCD televisions and had a separate sunken lounge area. The Internet connection is fast and genuinely free, and if you forget your cable like I did, they'll lend you one. The hotel is very trendy indeed, but in some areas not quite finished, there was no 'in room directory' detailing where everything in the hotel was, and I'm sure we read somewhere that there was a gym. There isn't. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, it is a fairly basic continental, with cereal, some cold meats, and a bit of fruit. I've had better continental breakfasts. That being said, I've had worse too. Overall, this sounds like a negative review, it isn't, if I was going back I would stay here, even if I had to pay full price, the staff were friendly and their English is flawless (as is everyone's in Reykjavik). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank spike147
Reviewed February 4, 2007

Just came back from a weekend in Reykjavik.

The Centerhotel Thingholt was a fantastic hotel. The room was stylish and comfortable with a comfy bed, flat screen TV, coffee and tea, and decent sized bathrrom.

the staff were very friendly and helpful and the room rate included a continental breakfast that set you up for the day.

The hotel was right in the heart of the city and we weare able to get parked for free right outside both nights. A wide selection of bars hotels and clubs within easy walking distance.

We'll be back soon!