2,235 results
All reviews frosted glass loft suite boutique hotel perfect location the main street friday and saturday center hotel steam room bring earplugs early check breakfast was included street noise mini bar standard room light sleeper happy hour the heart of the city
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Glad I read the Tripadvisor reviews first, or I'm not sure I'd have figured out the lights right away - press and hold them in, and they brighten!
Pluses: comfortable bed, ample hot water, breakfasts were great, having that couch was wonderful, really beautiful look - sort of like sleeping in a gallery, clean!!!, staff was all amazing- and check out the spa!
Minuses: With my nice plush robe/slippers, I'd have killed for an extra couple of hooks in that beautiful bathroom (there are two) - closet was small (there are two drawers on the other side, under the fridge), and there wasn't anyplace for the robes to hang once the towels were up (I know, not exactly a big minus - what to do with this nice plushy robe?)

Other items: The hotel was full when we were there so no early AM check in - but they did accommodate us as soon as they could (we had our room before noon) and the lobby has a large number of huge comfy leather couches in which to crash!
Desk staff helped us to rent cars by day, arrange tours, give advice - always helpful.

Room tip: We had 303 - back view (w/an awesome graffiti man smiling in at us!), slept soundly each night.
1  Thank satchel
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel for a week I can only confirm and agree with all the positive reviews about this hotel. Location excellent, breakfast good and plentiful, Staff helpful and friendly, We had a hire car which we had no problem parking outside the hotel overnight, Parking is free from 18.00 at night till 10.am the following morning 16.00 on Saturdays and free all day Sundays daytime charges are only 120ISK an hour so not a huge amount. All in all would certainly recommend this hotel. As I mentioned we had a hire car which we booked before leaving through Atlaschoice, their local partner company was a firm called Hasso. Top marks to both companies for their excellent service and great price

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I have just returned, after spending 4 nights staying here.

Iceland as you know has wonderful scenery and amazing features, northern lights, gullfoss waterfall, thermal spar and Geyser to mention a few. I am so glad we booked here, after leg aching excursions the local location was perfect.

Situated right in the centre, we had no noise issues (sun-thurs). The deluxe room was lovely, modern yet stylish and comfortable.

The staff were impeccable, helping to book tours etc. Breakfast was plentiful and the rooms cleaned to a high standard.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ajs74
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Having just come back from staying at the center hotel thingholt, we were very impressed, we had booked another hotel but were moved to this one as original had over booked, Anna one of the receptionist was especially helpful to us, as we had booked tours before we left home, she rang the companies to let them know where to pick us up from (as we had moved) We found all the staff very friendly and were happy to answer any questions we had with a smile. Food for breakfast was very good with plenty of choice, and included, cooked potatoes, bacon and scrambled eggs which my husband thought was an added bonus he was expecting just continental, rooms were on the small side but bathroom was a good size, If you like a cuppa in the morning, buy some tea bags and milk as the only had powdered milk and one English tea bag each day. We paid to use spa, 10 euros per room for the whole stay which included robe and slippers it seemed to consist of a small gym and small hot pool, but thought it a good price considering Iceland is very expensive. All in all we would happily go back to this hotel as it was in such a good location, with shops restaurants and the Grayline bus station within a minute or two's walk

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I loved this hotel, it was perfect, spotlessly clean, brilliant decor and lovely, helpful staff. The location is also perfect, just off the main shopping street, everything is within easy walking distance. I had read many reviews of this place before we booked, and had requested a quiet room at the back as many people had mentioned noise from the street at the front. Our request was granted, but I didn’t think we would have had a problem, it was relatively quiet on that street in the evenings anyway (although we only stayed Monday-Friday). As we were at the back we didn’t get a great view, just the backs of some buildings, but we weren’t there to sit in our hotel and look out of the window so we didn’t mind! Plus, some creative types had livened up the walls with some interesting graffiti.

The staff on the front desk were always really helpful, giving advice and helping to book tours or confirm pick ups. They worked hard too with seemingly quite long shifts, running the bar as well as the Reception.

The breakfast every morning was great, lots of choice and very tasty. The newly opened Spa was also a plus, at 10 Euros each not too badly priced either. Lovely calm atmosphere in the hot tub room, with candles and chilled out music. They also have a steam room, but we didn't use that.

Overall a wonderful stay with no issues, would love to stay here again.

Room tip: If you are staying over the weekend, do request a quiet room at the back.
Date of stay: February 2014