“Fun and interesting. I wish all museums were this cool.”
Review of Saga Museum

Saga Museum
Ranked #28 of 176 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: A Viking Museum that intimately recreates key moments in Icelandic early history, moments that have determined the fate of our people and which give a compelling view into how Icelanders have lived for more than a millennium. From the time of the earliest settlers, history is brought to life in a unique and exciting way, with life-like wax wax figurines. Visitors are guided through the museum with an audio-guide.
New Rochelle, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun and interesting. I wish all museums were this cool.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Not your typical museum, the Saga museum is great for any age and anyone from the casual tourist to the history buff. The wax figures are truly artful: life like and depicting vivid human emotions. The visual coupled with the audio makes an effective history lesson that comes to life. The man who sold us the ticket was friendly and helpful. He really helped make it an enjoyable experience. There's chainmail at the end of the tour to try on: a great photo opportunity. Thank you to the man who worked there for helping me to get that heavy thing off.

1 Thank jdebona

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Cincinnati, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Yikes! Creepy looking, long audio and a bit tiring to listen to.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have you seen images from this place? Some are pretty gruesome.

The audio tour is probably 20-30 minutes, but it feels like longer.
The museum itself is really small.

I don't really have any highlights other than capturing some very...odd..and disturbing photos.

The figures are extremely well done. I'll give them that.

You could probably skip this is you're short on time. There are many more interesting places to go.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank sj1923
Southampton, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Museum Lite”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

An easy experience with audio included. Could be too scary for young children.

Gives a thumbnail sketch of Iceland history from about 800 (I hope I remember correctly).

Small gift shop area. Upstairs by the cafeteria is a viewing deck with nice vistas.

Visited October 2012
Arizona
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Well worth our time”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the Saga and its 17 scenes/historical eras. Very informative and we listened to all the audio on the headset provided. However it only took about 45 minutes to go through. The wax figures are very life like. The gift shop and coffee shop at The Pearl make this a pleasant visit. I would think this to be an educational visit for children 12 and up.

Visited September 2012
connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good Luck”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

You listen to a recording that explains the history of each exhibit. My kids lasted 3 exhibits, my wife 5 and I the history buff lasted about 12. If you can last through the whole exhibit I will buy you a drink. Pass the history quiz I will buy you dinner on the Rotunda. Good Luck

Visited August 2012