“Arctic Running - City Tour”
Review of Arctic Running

Arctic Running
Ranked #117 of 286 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offers a great selection of running adventures for all levels around the capital area and the beautiful southern interior of Iceland. We make sure that you enjoy the best of each season while exploring the stunning nature of our country. All of our guides are highly experienced trail and ultra runners with great knowledge of the Icelandic environment and ever-changing conditions. We offer both day tours and longer overnight combo tour and we love to create tailor-made running adventures for groups and individuals. With our selection of running tours, from demanding and strenuous runs (+3 hours) to moderate runs (30-90), all runners should find something that suits them.
Reviewed February 2, 2016

I visited Reykjavik in Dec. and was excited to run the city. I generally run any new city to get a feel/sight-see on my own. However, I'm glad that I used Arctic Running. Elisabet was a great guide who showed me parts of Reykjavik that were off the beaten path that I would have never seen without her help. She even brought along a running jacket (since I forgot to pack mine) and some cleats to slip on my running shoes to protect me from the ice and snow. Overall, I highly recommend the company and Elisabet in particular. My first but not last time running in Iceland. Tak!

2  Thank MGesq1
"insight"
"knowledge"
"nature"

Reviewed January 5, 2016

If you are a runner... And want a unique running experience this is definitely the tour for you. Elísabeth took me out for a run around Reykjavik during a terrible day of weather but was super enthusiastic which kept me excited throughout the run. This is definitely the highlight of my time in Iceland.

We did a run around the city - which worked out perfect for the weather and the limited time I had in Iceland. I plan to come back and do one of the trail runs next time !!!

2  Thank world_travels27
Reviewed November 26, 2015

During my visit to Iceland I did a whole host of activities and saw some really cool places, but by far my favorite experience was the trail run that I did with Elísabet. As she guided me through the Smoky Valley she shared her extensive knowledge of the area, gave me some fantastic advice on training, trail running, and even a few great restaurant tips. :) I can't wait to come back to run more trails with her and the folks at Arctic Running! I highly recommend that runners of all levels check them out. I promise you will not regret it!!

3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed September 26, 2015

We were looking for a trail run in Iceland, and selected Arctic Running for a day jaunt in the volcanic terrain of Hengill Volcano. Elísabet Margeirsdóttir was our guide and running companion. And what a guide Elisabet is! The run is fantastic (about 10.5 miles long) and had wonderful single track trails through fantastic scenery. I have done trail runs on 5 continents, and this simple run stands out for its wonderful - and low key - experience. The run is through the fumaroles and hot springs of a geothermal area, with a brief interruption to enjoy the warm water. I highly recommend Arctic Running, and I have nothing but great praise for Elisabet!

3  Thank Terry W