“If you run, this it what you need to do”
Review of Arctic Running

Arctic Running
Ranked #117 of 286 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offers a great selection of running adventures for all levels around the capital area and the beautiful southern interior of Iceland. We make sure that you enjoy the best of each season while exploring the stunning nature of our country. All of our guides are highly experienced trail and ultra runners with great knowledge of the Icelandic environment and ever-changing conditions. We offer both day tours and longer overnight combo tour and we love to create tailor-made running adventures for groups and individuals. With our selection of running tours, from demanding and strenuous runs (+3 hours) to moderate runs (30-90), all runners should find something that suits them.
Reviewed January 5, 2016

If you are a runner... And want a unique running experience this is definitely the tour for you. Elísabeth took me out for a run around Reykjavik during a terrible day of weather but was super enthusiastic which kept me excited throughout the run. This is definitely the highlight of my time in Iceland.

We did a run around the city - which worked out perfect for the weather and the limited time I had in Iceland. I plan to come back and do one of the trail runs next time !!!

2  Thank world_travels27
"insight"
"knowledge"
"nature"

Reviewed November 26, 2015

During my visit to Iceland I did a whole host of activities and saw some really cool places, but by far my favorite experience was the trail run that I did with Elísabet. As she guided me through the Smoky Valley she shared her extensive knowledge of the area, gave me some fantastic advice on training, trail running, and even a few great restaurant tips. :) I can't wait to come back to run more trails with her and the folks at Arctic Running! I highly recommend that runners of all levels check them out. I promise you will not regret it!!

3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed September 26, 2015

We were looking for a trail run in Iceland, and selected Arctic Running for a day jaunt in the volcanic terrain of Hengill Volcano. Elísabet Margeirsdóttir was our guide and running companion. And what a guide Elisabet is! The run is fantastic (about 10.5 miles long) and had wonderful single track trails through fantastic scenery. I have done trail runs on 5 continents, and this simple run stands out for its wonderful - and low key - experience. The run is through the fumaroles and hot springs of a geothermal area, with a brief interruption to enjoy the warm water. I highly recommend Arctic Running, and I have nothing but great praise for Elisabet!

3  Thank Terry W
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic trail running along rivers, passing waterfalls, across glaciers and crossing rivers with competent and fun guides, Birkir and Gunnur, from Arctic Running. Can't recommend it enough!

3  Thank Mikkel1963
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2015

a group of us traveled to iceland with the sole intention of running in some wild areas. we were on the fence on whether or not to find guides or just try to use some maps, luckily we decided to use birgir and elisabet! maps were purchased but even with them i dont think we could have stayed on course due to snow and the distance between some markings. birgir and elisabet were amazing and utterly hilarious! i can say with complete confidence that they made my trip to iceland significantly more enjoyable. the group of us that went run trails daily but navigation would have been incredibly difficult and honestly who wants to keep stopping to pull out maps and worry when your on vacation! i cant stress enough how fun it was to be with these two local celebrities! the friendships that were born will certainly continue to grow when next year we all meet again for a european trail race!

4  Thank Scott T