“Skilled and knowledgable guides.”
Review of Arctic Running

Arctic Running
Ranked #120 of 289 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offers a great selection of running adventures for all levels around the capital area and the beautiful southern interior of Iceland. We make sure that you enjoy the best of each season while exploring the stunning nature of our country. All of our guides are highly experienced trail and ultra runners with great knowledge of the Icelandic environment and ever-changing conditions. We offer both day tours and longer overnight combo tour and we love to create tailor-made running adventures for groups and individuals. With our selection of running tours, from demanding and strenuous runs (+3 hours) to moderate runs (30-90), all runners should find something that suits them.
Reviewed September 10, 2014

I took a long trip (three days) and a day trip with this outfit. Both of my guides were very knowledgable about the geography, history and culture of the region, and both excellent, strong runners. Amenities on the overnight trips were excellent, with carefully chosen campsites, great food and roomy tents. The addition of a driver to haul gear on the longer trip also freed our minds to concentrate on the travelling. Would recommend without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"landscape"
"clothing"
"nature"

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I did a short morning run with Arctic Running. They were so friendly, knowledgable, and down to earth. Not only did they fill us in on historical information but they also had great recommendations for places to go in town and ultra runs to do in Iceland.

3  Thank Maria M
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I hooked up with Arctic Running for 3 days and LOVED every minute of it. We had tossed around the idea of running on our own, without a guide, but we are so incredibly glad we opted for a guided trip with Arctic Running instead. The guides took us to remote places we never would have seen otherwise, and taught us about the unique geography and local legends. They were very accomodating, were in no hurry (though if we wanted to push the pace, they were able!), and made sure we were enjoying ourselves the entire time.

The food was phenomenal and plentiful. I'm sure we gained weight despite the 100 kms of running! I underestimated how much I would appreciate this luxury. I'm used to eating energy bars and trail mix... Ending the run with a bowl of soup (it was chilly), followed by a huge dinner of fresh local seafood, or bbq'd lamb was amazing (though they can cater to vegetarians as well).

Arctic Running was extremely professional, accomodating, and friendly. Inga and Orn (co-owners) are lovely, and eager to ensure that their runners have the best experience possible. We are already hoping to return to Iceland and will definitely join Arctic Running for another adventure when we do.

Check out http://issuu.com/trailrunningcanada/docs/trc6_winter_publish/1?e=2832850/5670929
page 20, for some pictures and more information about running in Iceland.

Enjoy your run!