“Fantastic Staff, Great Location”
Review of CenterHotel Plaza

CenterHotel Plaza
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed in this hotel late December and were really impressed with how accommodating the staff were. Upon arrival we were put into a twin room and when requesting a double, Clara was quick to sort this out. When comparing the two rooms, we definitely saw two sides to the hotel.
The double room we stayed in was lovely, power shower was great, only criticism is that we were given no milk for our tea!
Angel the receptionist forgot to book us onto our blue lagoon tour, but this was quickly resolved (again by Clara - thank you) and she even asked us how it went when we returned.
A great hotel, we would recommend to anyone and would stay here again on return.
Thanks Plaza!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateGardner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

As far as the hotel, it was a pretty standard trendy hotel. However, what set this hotel apart was the staff. They were fantastic and incredibly helpful. Super kind, thoughtful, considerate, helpful, and willing to solve basically any problem you may have. I can personally vouch for two of the late shift employees as they were the ones I had the most contact with... Indy (nickname) and Elvar. Fantastic people and would be the sole reason I would stay there again. At first, I thought that Icelandic people must just be that nice but then I stayed several days at the Hilton and that staff was a bunch of rude a-holes, which endeared they Plaza to me that much more. Highly recommended by me!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank stevenphorne
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a single room which was small but perfect for me with all things you would expect in a hotel room. Lovely bathroom and amazing shower. Towels could have been a bit bigger (the main bath towel went around my hair but that was about it!) but other than that no problems. Staff were friendly and very helpful pointing out places in the city and giving directions. Hotel is situated in a lovely square with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and about 5 min from the main shopping street and 5 min from the harbor where a lot of tours go from. Breakfast was OK, have had better, have had much worse!! If I was visiting again, which I probably will, I will think about staying here again.

Room Tip: Mine was room 235 - a little noise from the back of a bar outside which was annoying when the window...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Centrally located in a small square with plenty of restaurants nearby and even a late-night option if you stumble home after a night out. Bars and additional restaurants are just a short walk away. Rooms leave a little something to be desired, but who really travels to see a nice hotel room anyway?

Great staff, bacon at breakfast, awesome location. You can't ask for more, unless the staff handed you bacon upon checking in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room was very small and cramped with furniture. The breakfast a standard continental breakfast, served in the cellar (don't very nice). Located at the far end of the main street this is a good spot to start exploring from.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mknordstrom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed two nights Dec. 2012. We booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. Check in was smooth. We paid extra for early check in and breakfast, due to early morning arrival. We found the room small, well appointed and comfortable with excellent city views. The location was great with lots of great restaurants, shops, and the harbor within easy walking distance. Desk staff was superb and well informed. They recommended Fish Market for dinner, which was great. The negatives (shower design and night noise from the plaza) did not seriously detract from the overwhelmingly positive features. Great breakfasts.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank WNYgal
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now once last year (during Airwaves) and again this year (during December).

Every time I'm impressed with the friendly and helpful concierge. They have often helped me to locate attractions, parking, make calls in the local language ... all sorts of helpfulness.

The rooms are modern, clean and have great showers. The location is brilliant as it's right in the heart of 101 and within walking distance of loads of great bars, shops and attractions. The free WiFi is also a big bonus! The breakfast is of good quality and well stocked.

It's always a pleasure to stop here and my next stay is booked already!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends