“Exceptional value”

The White Swan
The White Swan
Ranked #86 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I arranged a long weekend in Iceland for my wife's birthday present. I booked the White Swan having weighed up the look of the room, the reviews and the price. Iceland is not cheap when there !
When we turned up I was a little worried as from the outside it does not look anything special. Once inside the room I was very impressed. It did resemble an Ikea page but I don't think that is a bad thing. It was clean and very spacious. The amazing thing in Iceland is that the hot water is geothermically heated so you never run out ! The tap water is superb too !
The breakfast is OK nothing special but delivered to the room makes it easier.
I loved my stay in Iceland the scenary is amazing. We went to all the tourist type places. Went Whale watching and spent four hours freezing cold. I am sure if you see a whale this is made worthwhile. The Golden Circle was unbelievable ! We hired a car and Gulfoss and Geysir fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2008

I liked the clean room and bath. It was convenient to the main old street where all the shopping and restaurants are. Also was a very short walk to the ocean. Not far from Art Museum and other attractions.
I think we were on the third floor and there was no elevator. Man in charge very nice but not always available. Breakfast so so.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 14, 2007

You'd never believe this is a converted sweet (candy) factory!
The street is a dead-end so almost zero traffic noise. The reception was friendly and helpful. Everything in the first review ((Lincoln, UK) is correct. I stayed twice: once with a spacious shower room and once with a tiny one; but this is a guesthouse, not a 5-star hotel! I and my two companions were all delighted with the place and would aim for it again. This is a very small city so nothing is more than about a ten-minute walk (15-minue stroll) away.
Go soon before the rising 23-story building destroys the fine sea views.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank XMichael
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Yes you can stay in Reykjavik in a large, very large modern room for
under £100 night!.

A room with large double bed, (well 2 singles pushed together), large settee, two armchairs, coffee table, walk in shower and with 4 windows facing the sea!

Breakfast is very basic, just a tray left outside your room, but hey, you can't have everything and there is a modern coffee making machine provided with the room, with teas and milk.

We moved here after being lumbered with The Cabin Hotel by Icelandair. The Cabin's rooms are so small you could fit 4 of them in this White Swan Room. We thus had to pay twice, as to date Icelandair are not interested in helping us out.

Pleaseask/ email if you need any more info

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BledmanLincoln