“What a funny trip in Iceland”

Friend In Iceland Tours
Ranked #115 of 355 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had not seen the northern light before two times been northern Euro, but, this trip to Iceland, I saw 2 times, what a luck for us. Thanks to Friend in Iceland's professional information provide, especially XIAO JUAN, she help us a lot, we just use 3 days to visit majority and primary land-spot. I would recommend Friend In Iceland some friend who want to visit Iceland.

1  Thank Philip C
There are newer reviews for Friend In Iceland Tours

Reviewed February 18, 2014

we didnot image the magic trip before we came to iceland, espacially we met the "friend in iceland", we spent five days for travelling in iceland and we dealed with every difficult under help of "friend in iceland", we were lucky in iceland!

2  Thank cardioplus
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I came across friendiniceland.com while planning our quick trip to Reykjavik - we chose the Dine with Locals option, and it was great! Our hosts were Anna Maria and Laki, and they picked us up at our hotel, drove us to their apartment in Hafnarfjordur, and served us a wonderful meal. They are very interesting themselves - champion cocktail and handball competitors - and also knowledgeable about the area. They were also flexible with our schedule - it was possible we would have had to cancel the dinner if we hadn't seen the Aurora the night before. On the way back to the hotel, Anna showed us some sights we wouldn't have seen, otherwise. We left with wonderful memories and new friends.

2  Thank momtero
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I knew "Friend in Iceland" from one of my friends who is now studying in Iceland as an exchange student, and she recommended a guide called jen which proved really approachable and helpful. As a solo traveller without any plans before my arrival, jen helped me making my personal travel plan which maximized my time in Iceland.We went to hunt the northern lights on boat the first night we met and it turned out to be the best decision during my stay.The weather of the following two days was really bad which made it impossible to see them.Thanks to jen's considerate arrangement, we hit almost all the major sites during two days and i really enjoyed it.And there's one more thing i wanna mention.I booked 4 nights in a hostel however i found myself not used to sleep with others in the room,so i was thinking about to cancel 2 nights and move to somewhere else.Knowing that, Gunnar,the boss of "friend in iceland" called the hostel for me and they agreed to cancel my booking without any additional charge! I really appreciate that.I'm looking forward to going back to Iceland sometime in summer for another adventure and will definately go for "Friend in Iceland"again!

1  Thank xinzhou1205
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Gunnar hooked my wife, 6y old daughter and I with Anna Maria & Laki for a wonderful dinner experience at their apartment in Hafnarfjörður. While Iceland has an abundant variety of unique experience for travelers, we felt that dining with locals would also allow us more quality time with Icelanders and an opportunity to discuss their views on current affairs, on the Banking Crisis and on a host of other topics including their impressions of our own country and the image we project internationally. All in all, one of the highlight of our trip as we had plenty of great discussions while being treated to wonderful local food and drinks and learning more about Icelandic customs, traditions and history.

I should also point out that Anna Maria drove us to/back from their apartment to our rented apartment in central Reykjavik and, a further proof of their awesome hospitality, took extra time after dinner to show us some of Hafnarfjörður's main attractions and to drive us back through the longer more scenic route.

Takk fyrir!