Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik
$429
$378
  • Restaurant
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$267
CenterHotel Klopp(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$225
$192
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$321
$284
$568
$496
1,398 results
All reviewsfamous hot dog standgreat locationa business class roomstreet noisenespresso machinethe hotel staffjunior suitebreakfast buffetcentral locationmini barold harbourconcert hallbars and restaurantsnorthern lightswhale watchingthe heart of the citycomfortable hotel
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hello, I stayed here for 4 nights and I LOVE IT, our weekend in family was great, the rooms were really nice and clean, the house keeping did a great job during our stay. I wanna also to say thank you to the front desk booking restaurants and some tours for us they were really nice :).
Other good thing about the hotel is the Breakfast, they call it "SuperBreakfast" and they are right, a lot of choices for everyone and we can make our waffles like if we were at home. The waiters working on the weekend were great always smiling and very cheerful in the morning, and always interested how was our day if we were having fun. We felt like they really care, special Paulo with that great smile in the morning, if I'm not mistake the others were Igor, ferndo and Barbara.
This was during the weekend. But on Monday and Tuesday the working team change and also the welcoming feeling, that disappeared. It was another waiter a big black guy, I don't remember his name, we just know that he was not welcoming and a little rude in the way of talking like with some attitude,like if he was not enjoying his work...but that is not our problem.
It's a shame that a great hotel like this have such different teams working. In the night the bar was great some classics cocktails and very good atmosphere, Eric and Barbara were our bartenders and they were great.
But beside that we love our weekend here and we are thinking coming back for summer in Iceland like some waiters suggested and offcourse we will stay here again.
Our best regards to all the team from Radissonblu 1919

Room Tip: The weekends can be a little noise but just ask for ear plugs and you will be fine....we did...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBlu1919, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Simona,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel while you were in Reykjavik
And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback about Paulo, Erik, Igor, Barbara and Fernando. And I am sure they will be very happy when I share this with them.

I am sorry you experienced a drop in service on the Monday, and we will see how we can improve the consistency in our service delivery based on your feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back next time you are in Reykjavik.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 4 nights with 2 kids. Got upgraded to a junior suite and really loved it. All staff really friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet one of the best....close to lots of lovely restaurants and very convenient for going places!!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am truly grateful for you to take the time to post this great review about your stay here at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel.

The team work hard every day to give our guests top service and I am sure they will be proud when reading your feedback.

I hope we get the opportunity to see you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent a couple of nights here on business and it was recommended to me by the local people we were meeting with.

Everything you would expect and want from a good city hotel.

The location is close to some good restaurants and there is a famous hot dog stand across the way.

It is hard to recommend for more than for the business traveller who likes a nice breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this review about your stay here at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel!

I appreciate your positive comments about our breakfast, service level and location and do hope we get the opportunity to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was traveling with my mother (who is currently disabled) and my sister. We arrived early in the morning from a flight coming from Los Angeles and was told that our room will be ready in about an hour which was expected and greatly appreciated. We went to the breakfast buffet which had plenty of choices and even have shots of cod liver oil. The location of the hotel was perfect for walking around the center of Reykjavik with nearby shops and restaurants. The staff were friendly and the hotel has a spacious lobby. The room size was good and I like that you can open a part of the window to let some air in and prevent the room from being stuffy. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

I would have rated this hotel better but I was disappointed that there is no bell service at all which is very challenging during winter when it's slippery outside and dragging the luggage from snow is not easy especially with our disabled mother. The towels also need replacing as it looks old and some have stains or tattered edges. Also, we did not get a refill of the coffee, cream, sugar that they provide complimentary for the room on our second night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel.

I am happy to see we managed to make your room ready at an early hour and that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast Buffet while staying with us.

Your comments about no Bell staff is duly noted and we will certainly look into how we can help our guests when the snow is upon us.

I hope we the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This was a perfectly well run, efficient hotel with pleasant staff, good quality breakfasts & a well stocked bar. It was not remarkably good or bad just what you'd expect from a decent international hotel. Tour buses picked up from reception & there were a number of good restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wandagold
ROMI1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Wandagold,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel. We are glad to hear your stay was enjoyable!

Best wishes,