“Small hotel in great location!!”

Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Arrived in a.m. and room not ready until after 2 p .m. Took a great city tour of Reyjavik and arrived back at 4 p.m. and no room assigned!! Finally given a room which I rejected as I had to walk down 8 steps without a railing and didn't feel comfortable with only my cane. The manager gave me another room.
Breakfast was included in the 3 night visit, and very adequate, but the same every day. Service was good in restaurant and also had a nice dinner there.
The maid service was late in the afternoon and inconvenient..
The location of the hotel is great, and near to the great restaurants, and stores.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
ROMI1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Marcia,

Thank you for your recent review! We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the Reykjavik city tour before checking in. In the fully booked summer months it is sometimes difficult to get rooms for early check in however 16:00 is definitely not the "norm".

I am also pleased to hear that our manager was able to accommodate the room request after check in and we could get you a suitable stair free room for your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back someday! (and if you wish to have our room attendants service the room earlier in the day - this is no problem to request with any member of our staff and we prioritize your room for a morning service).

best wishes -

Robyn Phaedra Mitchell
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Rooms vary in size. Mine was spacious. Scandinavian room styling with bare wood floors and clean, uncluttered appearance. I left on a Thursday and was on the 5th floor, so street noise was not a problem. Excellent location near restaurants, shops, harbor, etc.. Free wireless internet in the room and a business center are available 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just returned from a long weekend holiday in Rejkjavik and can't say enough great things about 1919. It is the perfect location if you want to be in the middle of it all. Yes there are folks in the streets at night but it didn't bother us at all on the fifth floor. The rooms are typical in size of other hotels in the city unless you reserve a suite which is quite large. The amenities are similar to those of a full service hotel and the staff is quite friendly and helpful. The lounge staff in the evenings were very outgoing and courteous. Radisson Blu 1919 is an excellent hotel in a magical city.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We did a 2 night stay in Rekjavik via Copenhagen to Toronto at the end our our 11 day Baltic Cruise. This was our second visit to Rekjvaki but first to Radisson 1919. Great location helpful/efficient reception, amazing breakfast and hotel staff. Overall it was a great experience and the hotel was centrally located to great restaurants, main shopping street, waterfront and HARPA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T_O_boise
ROMI1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are pleased that your stay with us at the Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel was enjoyable!
Thank you for sharing these nice comments on Trip Advisor!

Welcome back anytime!

/Robyn Phaedra Mitchell
Dir. of Sales.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown Rekjavik about 45 minutes from the airport. It is close to the harbour, shops & local restaurants. There are two main entrances to reception from either side of the hotel (opposite streets) with efficient check in. Staff speak very good English and were helpful with local information. You can book trips through reception (local tour office is close to hotel).

There were 2 lifts to the floors in the main building which has 4 floors. The annex building also has 4 floors. There is a small restaurant & bar area available. For breakfast, there was a good choice of hot & cold food / drinks. For dinner, a good selection of fish and meat dishes, prices were expensive but comparable to other local restaurants. All restaurant / bar staff were friendly and gave an excellent service.

Rooms are accessed via a key card which also operates the electricity in the room. Room (320) on the 3rd floor was spacious with a king size bed (2 singles together) and a large wardrobe but little drawer storage. Bathrobes & slippers were available for use during stay. The room had the following facilities: air conditioning, satellite TV (main channels only, not many in English), free wifi, tea / coffee equipment, mini bar (well stocked but expensive) and an iron & ironing board.
It had a reasonable sized bathroom with a double shower but no bath, complimentary toiletries & hairdryer. Room cleaning was completed daily and of a good standard.

Overall, the stay at this hotel was very pleasant if somewhat expensive. However, I would recommend this hotel as a good central location for visiting all the local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Purrdee
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel experience I've had in a long long time - and by far the worst of any Reykjavik hotel. Be aware of the attendant at night, really really bad attitude. I checked-in the first night and was told of free laundry by a letter that was especially written to me in the hotel room, which I thought "wow, that's awesome", but when I was checking out I was asked for the note, and then promptly told by the staff "I was not not aware of this", obviously implying that I must have made it up. He then told me that he had to see this note, otherwise will not believe what I said.

In addition, the hotel is in an extremely noisy part of the city, and the rooms are really tiny for the price you are paying - over $300/night for the nights I was staying there. Overall, the Marina and the Hilton were a lot better for when I stayed in Reykjavik.

Room Tip: If you want a big room, you have to pay extra, they won't upgrade you even if you have status wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kai S
ROMI1919, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Kai,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. I would like to first off apologize for the confusion that seems to have happened regarding the laundered item which was stated correctly in the welcome letter you received. We have followed this up with our reception staff and I am happy to see this was refunded onto your account before you left the hotel.

With regards to your comments about the noise around the hotel - yes - we agree - being this close to downtown (right in the center) can be noisy at times. Our Front Office does have a hefty supply of earplugs for guests and we can also recommend our sister Radisson Blu hotel which is located on the other side of the pond and away from city noise.

We appreciate your comments and hope we will have the opportunity to one day welcome you back for a better stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss a future booking.
robyn.mitchell@radissonblu.com

Best wishes -
Robyn Phaedra Mitchell
Director of Sales

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. We just got back from a four-night stay. The advertised view was of the mountains, but also of the car park and hot dog stand (although apparently Bill Clinton did shop there!). It is right in the centre of town, handy for everything. The room was good, toiletries were lovely, everything there that you needed. One couple that we were travelling with didn't like it very much and transferred to the Borg, then said the breakfast wasn't that good. The breakfast here is FANTASTIC! Everything you could possibly want and more.
Only quibbles, which is why I haven't given it 5/5 - there isn't enough space for clothes (drawer space) and there is no rail in the shower. I'm not an old lady but I slipped getting in and really hurt my leg.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kokribite
RadissonBlu1919, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our breakfast to be to your liking.
I am sorry to hear you slipped getting out of the bathtub, and we will certainly look into making this safer for our guests.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,