“Great location”

Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location in central Reykjavik. The hotel staff were without exception efficient, friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was very good. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jal13579
RadissonBlu1919, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments related to your stay with us. We do our very best to serve our guests in the best way possible and it is truly satisfying when we receive confirmation like yours telling us we are succeeding.
We know how important breakfast is for our guests, and we aim to have the best breakfast in Reykjavik. Our Super Buffet is constantly improved, based on guest feedback and we also serve fried eggs and omelete on request. Should you want a waffle or a hot espresso, we are only happy to serve.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to 1919 Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Frode Jansson & Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great location. Centrally located and within walking distance to shopping, dining and nightlife. Room was comfortable and clean and reasonably priced. All of the staff were friendly and helpful - especially Bartis (I hope I spelled his name correctly). He was amazingly helpful in booking our excursions. I would strongly recommend a visit to Reykjavik and a "must stay" at the Radisson Blu 1919!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

It´s no secret our location is great with walking distance to almost everything in Reykjavik. I am very proud when reading your comments about the service you experienced from our Team, and I will be sure to share your comments with Bart and his colleagues.

I hope we get an opportunity to welcome your back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Frode

Reviewed February 21, 2013

just returned from iceland .found this hotel on trip advisor.what a find.

a good clean modern room very spacious bathroom .the hotel staff were excellent in providing places to eat and tours to take .the breakfasts really stood out lots of choice including pancakes you cooked yourself ,cold meats ,cheese and hot food . we had dinner in the hotel on the first night and it was first class,i have visited many hotels but this one has to be amongst the best we did the golden circle tour and it included a visit to a tomato grower . being a gardener it was very informative all natural and using the local water to heat the greenhouse. you can go to see the whales and puffins in the headlands via boat then see the same thing on the menu at night .very strange ,apparently the locals dont eat whale meat its for the tourists your choice!!!

a good break although we did not see the northern lights

maybe next time

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
The entire Team at 1919 Hotel are truly delighted and proud when knowing we have succeeded in making your trip to Iceland an enjoyable one.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Frode

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel. The location could not be better. It is walking distance from most attractions in Reykjavik and surrounded by good cafes and restaurants.

The only downfall was the slopped ceiling in our room that my husband kept hitting his head on and the awful breakfast. This wasn't a big deal since there's so many other places around, plus a few grocery stores and a mini fridge if you want to buy some snacks/breakfast items.

Overall a very good experience.

1  Thank JulzyKev

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel amongst the many hotels in Reykjavik.
I also want to express my gratitude for taking the time to review Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel.

I am very glad to learn you enjoyed your 5 night stay with us, and our location. I am sorry about the sloped ceiling being a hazard to your husband. On your next visit we will be sure to supply you with a room with high ceiling.
Your comment about our breakfast was surprising and I would appreciate if you could send me more details on what you did not like on our buffet. Our ambition is to have the best breakfast in Reykjavik, and we appreciate any feedback from our guests which can help us achieve this.

Please contact me directly on Frode.Jansson@radissonblu.com

Kind regards,

Frode Jansson & 1919 Team

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the 1919 hotel for three nights at the end of January.The hotel is down town Reykjavik and within walking distance to all places of interest. The staff were very helpful ensuring all our excursions were booked and transportation was arranged. The rooms were very good and our room 414 was on a quieter street so there was no noise from the street during the busy weekends.
The breakfast was also very good with a great selection. All in all the Radisson 1919 was everything we have come to expect from Radisson, helpful staff, good rooms, great location, good restaurants and a hassle free stay.
A special mention to the night manager Kwanhe (i think that was his name), he as outstanding, arranging trips, checking transport and even when he was leaving the building after his night shift he still checked our transport was on its way, a great member of staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and looking out to the harbour if you are staying over a weekend.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thegrahams2001
RadissonBlu1919, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel while you were in Reykjavik. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern rooms. Very good breakfast and excellent service.
Great location and friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to beautiful Iceland.

And last but not least - enjoy Reykjavik's best mojito in the cozy hotel bar!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank idemile

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am truly happy reading your comments about our clean and modern rooms, good breakfast and most of all the excellent service from the friendly team at 1919 Hotel.

The team and myself do look forward to welcoming you back on your next travel to Iceland.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went there for New Year's with the children and had a wonderful time. The 1919 first of all is perfectly located in the centrum area of Reykjavik. We could explore the city at leisure and were near great restaurants. Second, the staff is warm and friendly, from the reception desk to restaurant. Third, the breakfast buffet was fantastic, with a great variety of both local foods and more international fares (waffles anyone?).

The only downside is that the room decoration is on the plain side.

Tip, if you're on the tall side, ask for extra comforters.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Midnight114

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on your stay with us during New Year´s.

I am delighted to see that you were not only happy with our rooms, but also with our great service. The service is indeed the heart of every hotel and I am glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcomed. Our location is indeed perfect – walking distance to everything Reykjavik has to offer. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your Super Breakfast as well, and our freshly made waffles!

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to us in the near future.

With kind regards,