2,220 results
All reviews oldest street great location settlement museum happy hour central location hotel bar city hall wooden floors lovely hotel within easy walking distance blue lagoon stayed here for nights bars and restaurants deluxe room northern lights skyr bus stop
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would give them five stars except for a couple of reasons. 1. The rooms were very clean, but there were not great places to hang the towels. The hand towels were on these poorly designed hooks (more like knobs hanging straight out from the wall) and the towels kept falling to the floor right next to the wastebasket. 2. We had to ask the front desk for more toilet paper. Housekeeping did not leave an extra roll in the rooms, only what was in the dispenser. (We were there five nights.) 3. We were in the studio apartments adjacent to the main hotel and every night an alarm went off at least twice each night very late. It sounded like a car alarm, but I don't think it was. The last night, after one alarm, a security guard walked around our building with a flashlight, aiming it at each of our windows. We never did find out why, but it was disconcerting and needless to say I didn't sleep well.
Having said all of the above, overall we were pleased. The front desk staff were very friendly, professional, and extremely helpful with anything we asked. The best thing of all was that they were able to check us into our rooms upon our arrival in the morning! Not many hotels are able to do that. The breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay at the Hotel Reykjavik Centrum again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic Location and lovely Staff in the bar and on the reception. They were very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Reykjavik. You step outside and the best restaurants and bars are on the doorstep. Not noisy either.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really lovely hotel. The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Ideal location in downtown Reykjavik from being able to catch coaches for day trips (less than 3 minutes walk) to walking to the harbour, bars and shops.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location and very service minded staff. Rooms are small but has everything I needed. Breakfast had everything that I needed.
I did miss a power outlet next to my bed to charge my phone but I solved that by using my power bank. There was no night stand either so I used the chair.
Living that central, you should expect some noise from the street so earplugs might come in handy.
Will not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having just returned from Iceland and staying in the Hotel Reykjavik Centrum. I can heartily recommend staying at this hotel. First impressions on arrival were pleasing from outside. It was a mix of old and new style buildings cleverly joined together. The reception staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, from checking if exursions were still running due to weather etc, to answering questions about local attractions. The restauarant / bar staff were also extremely pleasant and again nothing too much trouble. The hotel interior was an ecclectic mix of old and new cleverly merged to create an interesting, welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Rooms were well equipped with double bed, en suite bathroom with hairdryer, and also an iron and ironing board. Brewing facilities and TV included with british TV channels, if you get time to watch? Breakfast had a selection which provided for all tastes and the menu in the bar was of a high standard. I can recommend the Whale starter ( a must if you've never had it before) and the licorice mousse and raspberry sorbet dessert is a atste sensation not to be missed. I would have no issues recommending this lovely hotel.

Room tip: All rooms excellent
Date of stay: January 2020
ThelmaTheo, General Manager at Hotel Reykjavik Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear PoyntonRobbo,

Thank you for your kind review.
It is our mission to provide exceptional hospitality and we are delighted to read about your experience with us.
We hope you have brought back memories to last you a lifetime and hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,