“my first visit to this cozy bar.”
Review of K-Bar

K-Bar
Ranked #78 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An in-authentic Korean restaurant with quirky cocktails and craft beers on tap. Open for lunch and dinner.
Reykjavik, Iceland
“my first visit to this cozy bar.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

i have now been twice to this cozy bar, situated on Reykjavík main shopping street. very friendly staff, wide selection of beer. I tried a beer from Belgium, that I have never had before, served with a slice of orange in it. prices very reasonable on everything. I did not have a meal this time, but they have a most interesting menu, and some of the guests having dinner, were evidently regular customers, which underlines that food and service is good.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
United States
“Best Meal/Value we had in Iceland”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stopped in here for an early (7pm) dinner. It was not overly packed and we were able to grab a table for 4 without wait.
They had a great beer list for Reykjavic and a wide variety of Korean inspired dishes.

Highlights of the meal were #1 - the Korean Cod sandwich. This was a great, unique dish using the local caught Cod. The sweet potato fries were also excellent.

You did not have to pay an arm and a leg for this meal and it was excellent. As food goes in Reykjavic, this was the best we had over a 3 day stay.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mj23439
København, Danmark
“Great food Great atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here recomneded with work collegues. Great food. Sweet staff. Reasonable prices. Had the fish burger and was full for the rest Of the Night and the beer was Well recomneded.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Not happy”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was my second time there, first time I went the food was great, service ok. Then I went again with group of friend in the middle of the week. The place was somewhat bissy, and only two working so they where running around covering the restaurant and the bar. We had to wait over 2 hours to receive the main course, we got the starter right away and then waited for hour and 45 minutes for the main course, we were always trying to contact the staff, to take a drink orderes while we waited. Over all the staff always forgot something and one of my friend did not receive the main course when we did (after all the wait), I gave her half of mine so she could eat with us, after about 25 minutes her food came ... they were out of some of the beer on menu, our white wine was warm, overall not a good experience. When we paid we didin't even got apologise from the staff, when we were there there was some natinol „celeb“ that came more then hour after us and they got super service there food came before ours and so on.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Sigga L
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favorite place!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a cozy, friendly place with great local beer selection.
The food is so fresh and delicious. I'll be back!

• Visited June 2014