“Hip, cool dinner spot in Reykjavik, don't miss it!!!”
Review of K-Bar - CLOSED

K-Bar
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An in-authentic Korean restaurant with quirky cocktails and craft beers on tap. Open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food, cocktails, bartenders, service - all fantastic! Don't miss this place!!! We went twice! Our kids loved it too!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Earlier in the day I called and made reservations for 2. When we checked in we were given a small table tucked in a corner next to the door. We weren't given menus and in fact it took 15 minutes for a waitress to come over and give us them. Finally we placed our full order (drinks to entrees). We ordered drinks and my Honey and Sage Whiskey (delicious) came but not my husbands beer. It was another 15 minutes before we were able to inquire about my husbands beer at this time we also asked about our appetizer. 45 minutes from the we sat down till our appetizer came out. No apologies! The crazy part is that our waitress then had the nerve to ask "Did you have everything you ordered now?" Ha! No we haven't had our entrees yet!!!

My entree was Pork Bi Bim Bap. This dish was mildly flavored and overly complicated with toppings. my husband ordered the Ramen and again it was very bland.

When it came time to pay the bill my husband went up to the counter. He told the staff member how much to charge. You have to tell them a price including tip before they enter into the machine. Once a price is entered you can't add a tip to it. However the bill was screwed up and somehow my husband got charged for two beers instead of just one. Apparently the waitress who took our drink order put my drink and his beer in (however the beer was never brought) then when the waitress who finally brought his beer must have also put it into the system. My husband tried to explain this but it wasn't working out. At this point we were both frustrated with the whole dinner and gave up. In the end we're not sure if the waitress got the tip we intended for her or not (yes we still do tip a small amount even if the experience is horrible).

I wish I could but I just can't recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank WanderlustHrts
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm enthusiastic about street food in general, I've been bored with watered down versions of thai, chinese, even vietnamese cuisine. K bar serves up some delicious out of the ordinary Korean inspired snacks in a sleek atmosphere. KFC - Korean fried chicken with tempura fries!! Comfort food at it's quirkiest, loved it.
The beer selection seemed quite broad but I'm not sure Iceland has mastered it's brewing. The cocktails however....yum.

1  Thank Blankathon
Reviewed April 2, 2014

What a fun and quirky place with great food.
More than friendly and helpful staff. Has to be recommended.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Firstly the food in K-Bar was amazing - lots of choices and something for everyone!

The only problem we had was we booked for 8pm on a monday and it was quite busy, it took about an hour and a half to get our food, which to be honest we didnt really mind as we were happy to have some wine and relax.
The waitress came back after about 40 mins after we ordered to tell us that they didnt have various things we had ordered, which was a bit disappointing. When the food did come though it was fantastic!