“Excellent location”
Review of Hotel Fron

Hotel Fron
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went here for our honeymoon, the hotel upgraded our room free of charge which was brilliant. They arranged all our trips and return shuttle to the airport. Breakfast was good, the room clean and tidy. The hotel is situated on the Main Street and in my opinion you'd be hard pressed to find a better located hotel in Reykjavik. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at back of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just back from four day trip staying at the Fron Hotel. Excellent location, friendly staff and very good value. Located in centre of Reykjavik within easy distance of all main attractions and easy to get onto the main road routes. Breakfast was OK but the overall value was excellent. If hiring a car recommend you book car park space at Hotel at cost of 10 euros per night. Enjoy !

Room Tip: Try and get 214 it is a suite with Jacuzzi
1  Thank itfc1956
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Agree with many of the previous reviews, but as a single traveller I got a small single room. Stayed for a whole week using it as base to travel to other parts of Iceland and just relax in town. OVerall the pros/cons are:
Pros:
Location
Location
Decent prices (for Iceland standards)
Front desk staff (the gentlemen)...always smiling/hello
Rooms facing courtyard is quiet even during weekend craziness

CONS
mattress in bed (needs new one..very bad for the back)
small room
breakfast (Very basic)
Female front desk staff (got a similar rude response when trying to check in early, despite being very polite and friendly, and offering to come back in 2 hours!)
Female kitchen staff (think many others have made note of this, but she really hates her job, never smiled once in 7 days).
Maid service (never washed the wine glass once in 7 days)

All in all, not bad given location and I'm sure other rooms are nicer.

Room Tip: Facing courtyard ones
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CCKiWeTO
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I spent a long time looking for a hotel with a good price in Reykjavik - it was quite a challenge. Eventually I settled for Fron and I'm glad I did. The location is perfect and better than any other. Rooms were nice and spacious with TV, kitchen area and shower room. It's not posh at all but clean and roomy. Breakfast was typical European - unbranded cereals, meats/cheese, toast, fruit and yogurt. The only issue I had was the noise outside our room on the first night, we were on the ground floor and could hear everything from outside and above. I would therefore request a room not on the ground floor. Othen than that I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: request a room not on the ground floor.
2  Thank _-rachella-_1
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Unsure of the hotel/hostel situation in Reykjavik, I erred on the side of caution and decided to stay at Hotel Fron. I was not disappointed, when we checked in we were upgraded to an apartment style room! The place was huge! Breakfast is provided. The front desk was very helpful, providing maps and advice on where to go and how to get there. Bed were comfy, rooms were cleaned daily. All the tour companies have the hotel as a pick up/drop off destination. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the next time I return to Reykjavik Hotel Fron will be where I stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a bargain! We got a really big room that was facing the courtyard, it was quiet and it was warm. The breakfast was exellent, even though a woman who was working there was not so nice to some of the guest in the breakfast room, actually she was really rude. The room itself was little bit dated.
I would come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: Wish for a room that is not facing the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Piavaasa
Reviewed April 29, 2014

If I ever get the chance to come back to Reykjavik, then I would definitely stay here again. I would not consider other hotels because my husband and I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Fron and there is no reason to look further. It is in great location and the hotel is clean and comfortable. Our flight arrived at 6 AM and we came straight to the hotel on a bus. Being that is was so early, our room was not ready, but the hotel staff offered us a free breakfast that morning and we still received our free breakfast (included in the price) the next morning. I thought that was a nice gesture. We stayed one night at the beginning of our 10 day driving trip around Iceland and one night at the end of our trip. During our stay at the end of our trip, we were upgraded to a suite for no extra cost! Overall the staff is very friendly, the food is good, and the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple