“Perfect location and comfortable hotel”
Review of Hotel Fron

Hotel Fron
Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here for my first visit to Iceland. Hotel is in a perfect central location, close to the harbour, shops, bars, restaurants and main bus station. All staff were really friendly and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable, with free safe and hairdryer, TV, decent shower and the free wi-fi works in the room not just the lobby. We had a room on the third floor at the front, it wasn't overly noisy but could sometimes hear the music from some of the bars in the street which I guess could be worse in the really busy season so would suggest asking for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper.

Breakfast was pretty basic and you may have a wait for the toaster if you get up late and it is busy! But the restaurant had a good menu for evening meals at good prices and some tasty cocktails. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Fron last week, after seeing all the other hotel drop offs from the airport could not believe our luck. hotel Fron is so central, right in the middle of the Main Street, where all the restaurants are. Very friendly staff, we had a room with kitchenette with microwave, but we asked for a kettle, and extra pillows, which were sent up right away, nothing was too much trouble for them. They also booked all our trips. Very clean room, everything you could want. Which made our stay even more enjoyable. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My mum and I stayed here for four days last week and had a brilliant time! The location is very central, the staff are very polite, accommodating and helpful and the food was also fresh, healthy and delicious! We also got a complimentary upgrade to a twin room with kitchenette which was very useful as we took quite a few instant meals to keep us going through the week! Only miniscule thing was that there was no kettle in the room, however we soon overcame this as the kitchenette had a hob and pans, so what more does one need?! The room was rather warm when we entered but easily turned it down to our level of comfort. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. Note for the ladies - there is a hair dryer in the bathroom which is also very handy! All in all an excellent stay which I would highly recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosie H
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was staying in this hotel during my one week trip to Iceland in January.

Most important I would mention is the very clean room. And not less important - the hotel is located in the heart of Reykjavik -Laugavegur street.

Both major excursion companies Reykjavik excursions and Iceland excursions (Gray Line) provide the pickup from this hotel. Actually I did't even use a taxi in Iceland, because these companies operate also airport shuttle buses. So you can get from the airport directly to the hotel.

The breakfest was minimalistic, but more than enough for me. The tea and cofee you can get even in early morning, before breakfest time.

The personnel is polite.

The only issue I had is poor internet connection in the room, but it was OK in the lobby. And no kettle in the room, but it wasn't so critical for me.

In total, a very nice place to stay. I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ghenady-A
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just returned from our second stay at this hotel and, I'm happy to say, it was just as good this year as last. It may not be luxurious but it certainly offers everything you could need for a comfortable stay in a most convenient position within Reykjavik. Don't hesitate to book it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SRSLeamingtonSpa
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just returned from a Christmas Break to Iceland and stayed at the Hotel Fron. Centrally located, with restaurants and shops outside the front door and the harbour and tour bus terminals a short walk away. Travelled alone with my teenage son, and felt incredibly safe, even when walking around late at night.

Cash point, stores and 7 11 just a few steps away.

All tours and airport transport stop at the hotel.

Room and bathroom immaculately clean - and from previous reviews was expecting to smell the sulfur in the hot water, but it wasn't at all noticeable.

Friendly, english speaking reception. They will even exchange currency at the reception desk. Breakfast adequate, but nothing to write home about.

Will definitely stay again. Value for money wise - exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TaprobaneGirl
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Great location, right in the middle of Reykjavik.

Comfortable, clean rooms, but was a little too warm and pillow wasn't comfortable.

Good continental breakfast buffet. Friendly, helpful staff, but you will be charged if you want to check-out after 11:00am!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple