2,498 results
All reviewsthe main streetbreadscandinavian restaurantgreat locationyogurtcentral locationcold meatsstudio roomsmall kitchenettecooking facilitieshot waterkitchen areabreakfast staffsulphur smellbreakfast was includedmini barbonus supermarket
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at this property for 9 days at the end of october/november. I went for iceland airwaves. Location was perfect!!! Couldn't ask for anything more. Its a short 10 minute walk to downtown and the harbour and its on Laugavegur, the main shopping street and countless bars! I asked for a single room and was rewarded with a twin that had a small kitchen area and fridge. It had a safe in the room also! The beds were super comfy and had no problem getting to sleep. Only minor quibbles was 1, i had a ground floor room which meant i could hear the sound of peoples suitcases going across the ground but bothered..... not me. 2, it could of had a better selection of tv channels but hey....im on holiday to see iceland, not watch tv so again not bothered. I plan to go to airwaves next year and this hotel will 100% be my first port of call to stay at!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors so you dont hear the new arrival of people or people leaving.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SussexBoyEast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First trip to Iceland so I have no other place to compare it to but it was exactly what I was looking for. The hotel is in the center of everything the room was larger than I had expected , clean , the linens and towels not worn, the bed was comfortable, satisfying complimentary breakfast , great shower with plenty of hot water.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was booked on a package deal with Easyjet so not going to comment on price..

The location was excellent, right on the Main Street with shops and restaurants aplenty. We stayed in an apartment room which included a kitchen & utensils. Never used the kitchen, but the fridge was handy. It was nice to have extra room though. It was also clean, which is the most important thing.

Couple of negatives for me, the beds in our room were way too soft. Soft as in you sink and the sides rise soft and the room temperature was controlled by central heating, it was that hit we had to open windows at night.

Breakfast was standard cold meats and cheese, toast, pate, cereal & yoghurt.

Front desk very friendly and you can book tours in reception. Wifi was free and a decent connection most of the time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Let's get a couple of things straight. Lots of people come on this brilliant site and whinge like drains because they didn't get 5 star treatment and facilities for 2 star prices.

Well, get real people, because there really aren't that many places in the world that will accommodate your rather silly demands.

Some of the comments made about this hotel make me want to spit - there are some really unrealistic (I am too polite to say ignorant) reviewers who expect the earth, but don't want to pay for it.

So here's the deal.

1) The location is brilliant. Right in the heart of town. If the sound of happy people worries you, just ask for a room away from the street.

2) The rooms give you everything you need. I can't understand why people who use their rooms to just have a sleep, a shower, and the occasional poo, whinge about the lack of a view, or the colour of the carpets - get a life! The rooms are warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean. They do everything it says on the tin.

3) The staff are terrific. But please treat them nicely! They are just human beings, and having hoards of people speaking to them in a multitude of languages, and complaining about the wind, the temperature, or the failure of Mother Nature to provide a Northern Lights display on a particular night, must start to wear a little. But they are super helpful, funny and very easy to get along with. If you need anything at all, they will try to help you out.

4) Breakfast is fine! It's included in the price, and offers far more than most people would ever dream of having at home each morning. If you are a genuine greedy fat b'stard, just wander a few metres up the road and get a cooked breakfast elsewhere.

I can afford to stay in more expensive and posher places. But will I do so on my next trip to Reykjavik - Of course not!!! I'll be at the Hotel From. And if you have any sense, you will be also.

Room Tip: Just chill out - does it really matter?
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank essex1920
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Showed up on date reserved early in day. Was told room would be ready at noon. Kept checking back and was finally told that there was a leak in the room and we wouldn't be able to stay at hotel...Didn't really believe this. They did reserve us another hotel up the road but had to drag luggage around. Not impressed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple