2,499 results
All reviewsthe main streetbreadscandinavian restaurantgreat locationyogurtcentral locationcold meatsstudio roomsmall kitchenettecooking facilitieshot waterkitchen areabreakfast staffsulphur smellbreakfast was includedmini barbonus supermarket
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited Iceland at beginning of Oct. 2013 and was happy with my hotel choice. Great location, right off the main street of Reykjavik. Breakfast was included, was nothing to write home about but not your typical 'American' continental breakfast either. Room was clean and tiny, what I'd expect in a Scandinavian country. Only thing I'd complain about is the spotty free Wifi, would always drop on me and super slow. Would def. stay at the Fron again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BeersForFears
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel Fron couldn't be more conveniently located, being situated slap bang in the centre of Reykjavik. According to other reviews, this means that it can be very noisy late at night; however, my room (located well away from the main street) was very quiet. I booked a twin studio apartment, which was impressively big and very good value - there was even a small kitchen area (although I didn't really use it). Breakfast is included and is standard continental buffet fare. It's served in a small restaurant which is within the same building; in the evening it serves very decent Scandinavian food. Service was helpful and efficient. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, although based on other reviews it would appear that the quality of a guest's experience depends very much on which room they are given.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cjm2010_10
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent. Slap bang on Laugavegur - one of the main streets in the city. The hotel is fine. Rooms were clean, staff friendly enough. Its not a luxurious hotel but for the price you ll struggle to get a more central location. Breakfast was a continental buffet. A plethora of cold meats, cheeses and bread as well as fruit, cereals etc. Overall dont expect anything spectacular - the hotel does what it says on the tin. As a side note you can smell the sulphur from the geo thermal hot water when you have a shower, so dont be surprised to experience an "eggy" smell in the shower room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrFishwicksGlasses
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better location, right smack in the middle of one of the main high streets in the capital. We arrived fairly late on Friday night and the receptionist was extremely friendly. Check in took a total of 2 mins and we went to our room.
The rooms are perfectly adequate for our needs (we were there for a long weekend) and weren't planning on spending much time indoors. The rooms are basic but clean, wood floors and a clean shower room. Good pressure in the shower, warm water available immediately and nice warm room all the time.
Yes - I agree with the other reviews Friday/ Saturday is noisy (I have been told that folks in Iceland don't start partying until midnight!), but nothing so bad that it prevented me from sleeping.
First night we arrived, we didn't have any towels in our room, but a call to reception and remarkably swift response (within 5 mins) with a very apologetic manager.
Breakfast was ok - selection of cold cuts, cereal and toasts. Not the best, but good enough to stock up on for the day. Not the best lay out with the buffet on one side and tables within very short proximity.
The location was ideal for most of our tours (with Grey Line) who's main depot is only 10 mins walk away and meant we could go back to our rooms between tours. Also, close to all the restaurants and tourist shops.
Highly recommend this hotel for a short city break.

Room Tip: A room away from the main street would help with a better night sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NasPin
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A good central location , friendly staff, for me this was a comfortable and basic economical stay, just needed one night for my trip. Good clean spacious room, pleasant breakfast and generally a good hotel. Helpful staff and guests too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business