2,513 results
All reviews the main street bread scandinavian restaurant great location yogurt central location cold meats studio room small kitchenette cooking facilities hot water kitchen area breakfast staff sulphur smell breakfast was included mini bar bonus supermarket
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A good central location , friendly staff, for me this was a comfortable and basic economical stay, just needed one night for my trip. Good clean spacious room, pleasant breakfast and generally a good hotel. Helpful staff and guests too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TDKToronto
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed Thursday to Sunday in October and thoroughly enjoyed everything. Yes, we had a room at the front overlooking Laugavegur and you could hear some noise from the Friday night party people but not too disturbing. The room was spacious and the bathroom/shower good - a bit of drainy whiff at times. Reception staff excellent, helping with trips etc (coach trips seem to be big business and all the operators run a smooth pick-up/drop-off service). Very good breakfast choice of cooked meats and cheeses, eggs and a sedate toasting machine! We also used the restaurant one evening and would recommend it if you dont want to go far. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay and found things not to be as expensive as we were led to believe.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve0756
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very good hotel, centrally located in the main shopping/bar street in Reykjavik. The hotel staff was friendly and we had a huge room (more like a small apartment with kitchen). The bed was comfortable. The water from the shower smelled - but I have been told that this is an Icelandic problem (it's clean, but has something that smells). The only downside was the breakfast which I found more worthy of a Hostal than a hotel - unfortunately as this is important. All in all recommendable if you can look past the lack of good breakfast.

Room Tip: We got a room with twin beds and asked for a room with a double bed (which we got - very nice). This meant that we were moved to a bigger room also (no extra charge), but were warned that it might get noisy. We didn't mind and really didn't notice the noise (more noise-sensitive people might). All I want to say is - get room 302...it's nice and big :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoSuViajero
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Fantastic location near all main shops & fantastic restaurants, good sized rooms we had a standard double (which was two single beds pulled together?) hotel was very clean- heating in the rooms maybe a little too much on the warm side. Breakfast was basic but was fine - it was a little badly organised and cramped. No kettle in the room to make a hot drink, Staff were a tad rude at times which I was slightly disappointed with when waiting to check in we waited as two staff looked at us at the desk, turned in their chairs and began chatting & laughing as we stood there then eventually turned back round and just stared at us as I asked about check in?! They can be quite blunt too but I didn't come to Reykjavik to spend time with the hotel staff so if I forget them the hotel is perfectly located!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cinta M
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed three nights here.The location is the best! One can walk easily to attractions and restaurants and shops. Our room was like a self catering suite, was very spacious.It was a pity the sauna wasn't working in the bathroom, but I think the room was only recently renovated. There was no kettle to make coffee so we had to use the microwave to boil water! Breakfast was adequate and the staff were very helpful.The hotel was clean and well maintained.I would recommend staying here if you had our room as some of the others were quite small.But in general it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family