TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Thank you for an amazing journey around Iceland!

I recently spent a week in Iceland coordinated by Lisa with Iceland Unlimited. It was the best trip... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2019
Darlene O
St. Thomas
Golden Circle Self Driven Trip

The trip was organized by Iceland Unlimited. It was a 8 nights and 9 days Self driven trip which... read more

Reviewed October 16, 2019
Amintus

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $53.20
from $58.86
from $134.00
from $95.08
More Info
All reviews self drive ring road rental car detailed map local calls planning phase day trip road map driving trip daily itinerary south coast large map contact person comfort level highly recommend this company blue lagoon perfect trip
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I planned to do a 8 day-trip trip of the south coast. With Iceland Unlimited it was perfectly organised! I could reach Agnes anytime if I had a question and it was answered immediately and well organised!
Everything was taken care off.
I don't have anything negative to say. The hotels were perfect and the people so nice!
Congratulations to this organisation! Well done!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank odaems
Reviewed October 6, 2017

We decided to book an 8-day tour instead of going it alone and relying on our limited knowledge of Iceland. After researching several companies for our trip, we narrowed the list to 3. I sent emails to each company and Iceland Unlimited got back to me within 24 hrs. (It was actually like 6hrs or so.) As far as the others we contacted,one company I never heard from and the other one got back to me a week later. Needless to say, I was already impressed with how quick and efficient Sotiria, our booking agent, had responded to my inquiry. From there, she customized a trip based on everything we wanted to do and see. I bothered her a lot with questions and she was always extremely kind and informative. She was also candid when giving us suggestions on which places or tours she thought suited us. The personalized itinerary was perfect and we never felt rushed or that we missed too much. All the hotels were comfortable & the proprietors went out of there way to help us with whatever we needed. I definitely recommend Iceland Unlimited for anyone going to Iceland. They made our trip even more memorable than I thought possible.

2  Thank Ray A
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Excellent trip well worth it..I would recommend this trip to all..Our driver AIR was AMAZING. Thank you for making our trip a memorable one..You will have to get AIR for this tour ..Thank you VIATOR xx.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017

My boyfriend and I have nothing but great things to say about our experience with Iceland Unlimited. I worked closely with Andri to book the perfect trip for us. Andri was able to accommodate our requests quickly and was very responsive throughout the whole process. Our trip went very smoothly, from the pick at the airport all the way to returning back home. We actually got engaged on our trip and Iceland Unlimited had a fruit tray and card sent to our hotel on our last night. Great experience - I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed October 3, 2017

In May 2017, we made a self-drive tour to the South Coast. We returned in Sept. 2017 for a self-drive tour to the West Fjords. Once again, we had Linda Bjork Holludottir with Iceland Unlimited plan our trip. And, once again, she provided an excellent experience for us. Among the things we like best about the self-drive tours and Iceland Unlimited are: the tour can be tailored for you; hotel/guesthouse reservations are made in advance; the rental car is equipped w/GPS and WiFi; the use of an Icelandic mobile phone w/1,500 ISK worth of calls; and 24-hour emergency service.

In the itinerary, there is a suggested list of things to do/see. You pick and choose what you want to do and how long you want to do each. The tours are well-thought out and timed.

The West Fjords are amazing, the views breath-taking. The drive to some areas may be tricky. However, we’re from Colorado and are used to “mountain driving”. In some cases, the roads are dirt; in all cases 2-lane, sometimes narrowed to 1 w/pullovers; in some cases steep w/hair-pin turns. For us, this added to the fun and adventure.

A word to the wise: Take advantage of rest stops, gas stations, and grocery stores in villages. The distances between villages can be longer than you anticipate and you need to factor in your sight-seeing time. You don’t want to get low on gas, you’ll want food & snacks and of course use of the bathrooms.

Among my favorite sites were: The fjords, of course; the westernmost point of Iceland & Europe; lava beach, “pebble beach” and the red sand beach. Again, I’ll mention that the drive just getting to places was a wonderful part of the adventure. We also did a 1-hour horse-riding tour on the beach. Yes, it was windy! Our guides were wonderful and enthusiastic and extremely patient with a non-rider, like me. When we were done, I wanted to bring a horse home!