“An Outstading Experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$1,890.00*
and up
Private Golden Circle Day Trip including Bathing Experience at the Secret...
More attraction details
Owner description: Iceland Unlimited offers private day tours, guided group tours and high quality self-drive tours around Iceland. We also offer accessible day tours for disabled travelers from Reykjavik and Akureyri. In addition we offer four destinations in Greenland with round trip flights from Reykjavik.
Sao Paulo
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“An Outstading Experience”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In this review I will endorse most of things people have already said before.

When I decided to visit Iceland, I surely quoted some agencies so that I could compare not only prices but services and what I would expect while on road.

I've just returned from my short 7-days self drive tour around the island and all I can - and must - really and honestly say is I could not be more than happy to have chosen Iceland Unlimited.

From the first quotation to the last e-mail they promptly replied. And what was decisive: all the answers were personalized. I could notice that. As someone mentioned, it really seems they carefully read your e-mails and takes special attention in details. The more messages we shared, the more I relied on them.

I started my inquires with Tinna, a temporary worker that gave a hand to Iceland Unlimited team during her summer vacations. Then I ended up all the things with Christina, who showed competency, attention, patience and accurate knowledge.
She firstly proposed me to rethink my self-thought itinerary and always made some suggestions to fit it. In the end, I decided to take the long tour around the idyllic Route 1 in just 6 days.
Then she made her duties and made it happens! Car, hotels, guesthouses, side trips, pick-up voucher, everything in a clear and fast way.

When you first step on Iceland, they propose a meeting in their office to deliver all the documents, detailed map, gps, a pre-paid cell phone to emergencies and to have a conversation about the trip.
There you get plenty of information. Use it the best way you can once they understand and know all spots of the country.

Now I feel very proud to retribute all the attention and the support they gave me. I'm still wordless about my unforgettable Iceland trip, and they have a great credit on it.
I have more than 100 contributions on TripAdvisor, visited more than 100 cities and, of course, I've already got delightful experiences but none of them were more outstanding than Iceland Unlimited.

If I could rate them 6 stars, I would really do it. This is by far the best 5 points mark on my TripAdvisor.
Their name is surely appropriated. There's no limit to make everything done!

Takk fyrir Iceland Unlimited.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Brenoka

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Iceland Adventure September 2013”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I researched several different companies on the internet before deciding to book with Iceland Unlimited. I dealt with Elin to plan an 8 day/7 night driving tour of Iceland. We wanted to see as much as possible and do most things on our own without a tour group. Elin helped secure reservations at hotels, car rental, guesthouses and restaurants. She also booked excursions for us, which were fantastic. No question went unanswered, no task was a problem for her. When we couldn't get to an excursion the company promptly credited our credit card. I would recommend this company, especially Elin to anyone going to Iceland for any type of trip wanted. Erla was also very helpful when we arrived in Iceland and met at the office, going over our mapped out route and suggesting stops on the way. I plan to use them again when I return to Iceland. Kudos for a job well done!!!

1 Thank 281pam
Chattanooga, TN
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Top notch! Turn to Iceland Unlimited for any and all tour services in Iceland.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've raved about Iceland Unlimited--as have many others--in the Trip Advisor (TA) travel blogs, and I'm glad to see that TA has now included tour services in this "attraction" category for reviews. The name of this "attraction"--Iceland Unlimited Private Day Tours--is somewhat misleading because this agency does much, much more than day tours. Whether day tours, multi-day tours, guided, self-drive, individual to large group--Jón Gunnar and his team provide a superior experience.

I've been three times and am currently planning my 4th trip to Iceland. The first time I went with another travel service, and I was quite well satisfied. After reading TA Iceland blogs, however, I decided to give Iceland Unlimited (IU) a try. I cannot imagine a more perfect service (although I'm sure Jón Gunnar and his team will continue to find ways to expand and surpass even their own high standard.) Here are some of the reasons I will continue to choose this team:

1) Availability -- From the first contact to the last, the team responds to calls, e-mails, texts, and probably carrier pidgeons quickly. While travelling, they (not an answering service) are available via an emergency number.
2) Personalized planning and service -- When you contact IU, Jón Gunnar will arrange a Skype session (or other form of communication) to explore your interests and capabilities, both financial and physical. If Skyping, he will sit before a map of Iceland and explain each region and its options. Together you will build an appropriate itinerary. Having a mobility disability himself, Jón Gunnar is especially knowledgeable about accessibility, which is still somewhat limited in Iceland (but improving rapidly).
3) Teamwork -- This is a tightly knit team whose members communicate with each other well. Although I would always prefer to work with one individual, that can't always happen. During our last trip, several crises occured and we ended up working with almost every team member. Frankly, that made me nervous at first, but I was soon able to relax and trust this strong team.
4) Safety and security -- Not only does IU provide a detailed map, itinerary, GPS and prepaid cell phone, they also look after you on the road. Last April my partner and I decided to explore the Westfjords. Jón Gunnar advised that we might run into challenging weather--and we did. He phoned us regularly to update us on road conditions, and ultimately helped us make the decision to modify our itinerary in mid-trip. He rebooked us-- and in a very nice place!
5) Flexibility -- Speaking of rebooking, as I reviewed the travel books, blogs and TA reviews prior to our last trip (August 2013), I asked the IU team for many changes in itinerary and had several special requests (e. g., type of room). If the staff had any misgivings or felt overburdened, they certainly did not show it. Every change was done cheerfully and with superior attention.
6) Relationships -- We benefited from the fine relationships that Jón Gunnar and his staff have with the guest house proprieters and other service providers around the country. We were frequently greeted as if we were "best friends of a best friend." People went out of their way to help us and often we seemed to get the best room in the house, even though we were "comfort" (mid-range) level travellers.
7) Knowledge -- Jón Gunnar took his team members around the island at the beginning of the season so they could meet the people they were to work with, evaluate sights and services, find some of the many hidden Icelandic gems, and have fun together. As a result, they were able to direct us to the roads less travelled, advise us on the best times to visit, and so on.
8) Aesthetics -- I was going to stop at "lucky seven," and I could probably give twenty reasons or more that I love this travel service, but I really want to add this last one. If you look at IU web site, blog, and Facebook page, you'll see some very fine photography and text, beautifully organized and presented. The passion that Jón Gunnar and his team have for thier land, history, and culture is evident and inviting.

I promise that this is an unsolicited review, and I'm not related to anybody in the company or even on the island. I just I love these folks, and you will too.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank mbj2
Maine
“Definitely Recommended”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I worked with Christina to set up our vacation to Iceland, as well as Greenland. My emails were responded to very promply. Once we got to our destinations we were met with a friendly person who had a goody bag from Iceland Unlimited that included pamphlets of suggested places to eat and our complete itinerary. It was so nice to have dependable people pick us up from the airport. In addition, our tours were excellent. We could not be more pleased with Iceland Unlimited. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to book vacations in Iceland and Greenland.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Customized tour round Iceland in 14 days”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a review of my previous holiday to Iceland in July 2012, which was curated by Iceland Unlimited: Having decided to visit Iceland with my husband and my parents but not quite having managed to fit together the details of a coherent tour, Iceland Unlimited proved as good as their reputation from the moment we got in touch. We did the ringroad in an anti-clockwise direction from Reykjavik to Akureyri, with two day stops in several places. Alicjia from Iceland Unlimited worked with us on customizing the tour, and then made our car hire, day tour, and accommodation bookings for us. When a snag came up that there was no hotel could accommodate a particular two night stay she came up with a very creative and suitable solution instead. What would have been a complicated holiday to plan became a very easy process. I liked the Iceland Unlimited signature touches of a phone in case of emergencies or weather changes and a face to face meeting in Reykjavik before setting off on the tour, during which we were given a marked up copy of the map and lots of well made suggestions were made - of where to eat, where to pull off the road for a view or hotpot, or short hike, where to get a great icecream - little details that can make a holiday. We met up with Alicjia again on our return to Reykjavik, for a quick cup of coffee, to give back the phone and to tell her how the tour had gone, and what had worked really well for us. I have already recommended Iceland Unlimited to friends thinking of travelling to Iceland, and I still follow their facebook feed, to remind me of why I want to go back.

3 Thank frinls
Iceland Unlimit... T, Owner at Iceland Unlimited - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear frinls

Thank you very much for taking the time to write those kind words about us.
I and the whole team, really appreciate it.

Take care and best regards from a sunny day in Reykjavik.

/Jon Gunnar - CEO & Owner.