“Northern Lights”

Helena Travel Iceland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Helena Travel is a family run travel agency. All the staff at Helena Travel are informative, friendly and experienced guides and drivers. Iceland is a natural wonder over the summertime as well as over the wintertime with endless hidden places like caves, deserted farms. lighthouses, lakes and small towns. Helena Travel will take you to the lovely countryside surroundings to help you see Golden Circle, the South Coast, Thorsmork, waterfalls, glaciers, volcanoes and hot springs. These trips are tailor made for you. This winter we are going to specialize in Northern Light Tours. As this year, it is predicted that the northern light will be especially strong and visible, we will try and make your experience of the northern lights, the Icelandic winter and the Icelandic culture as memorable as possible. For this, we may even bring a bottle of Icelandic schnapps and hot chocolate - a truly brilliant combination!
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Northern Lights”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our light hunting trip with Helena and Co. We were picked up promptly at 8 and headed outside to the city to search for a great display of lights. We were lucky and rewarded with a most amazing display very soon. The guide helped me to set my camera for proper shooting and since i am an amatuer I really appreciated his help. Everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable which made our trip even more enjoyable. Just when we were all getting a little cold and tired we had hot cocoa and cookies to warm up. I will definately be going on more adventures with Helena in the future!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michelle B

Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A beautiful day on the South Shore”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

At 9am we were picked by our friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide to start our one-day trip along the mindblowing landscapes of the South Shore. We stopped at waterfalls (Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss), had a look at the famous Eyjafjallajökull, took a walk on Sólheimar Glacier (equipment provided), had a close encounter with PUFFINS on the beautiful black sand beach near Vik and enjoyed the sceneries along the way.

If you are looking for an one-day guided trip we highly recommend Helena Travel Iceland. An enjoyable day awaits you, guaranteed!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank orlane v
Windsor, United Kingdom
“A great time in Iceland”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my trip with Helena. Gullfoss and Geysir are amazing. The landscape is something you won’t experience anywhere else. Bathing in the hot spring was the icing on the cake. Helena is also very funny and entertaining. This tour comes highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Best Day in Iceland”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spent the day with Helena on a private tour of the Golden Circle and Langjökull glacier and I would say it was the best day I have had in Iceland so far. Helena is a pleasure to be with and knows quite a lot about Iceland and even curated the music for our trip. We spent 10 hours touring and the whole time Helena seemed to enjoy it as much as we did.

Helena provided us with literature gave us private time to explore on our own, helped us take photos and was extremely accommodating to our needs. I highly suggest if you find yourself in Iceland spend a day with Helena Travel!

Visited August 2013