“Awesome”

Reykjavik Helicopters
Ranked #39 of 381 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Helicopter tours around Iceland. Helicopter charter. Private sightseeing flights. Adventure tours into the highlands. Volcano sightseeing.
Reviewed July 13, 2015

The pilot Johannes was absolutely the most talented pilot I have ever been associated with and I have flown with several pilots over the Baja Mexico in Racing. I felt completely safe with him and the guide Friogeir Guogonsson (Friggy) was spectacular. Not only have I taken more tourist helicopter flights than most; well over 20, I have also flown over the Baja in Race mode. He is the most talented pilot that I have ever flown with in all the little details of flight. They customized our flight to us and paid special attention to all of our needs. The small touches of customization will make this an invaluable flight. I have done tourist flights all over Mexico, Hawaii, Baja, and over the Pacific. By far Johannes and "Friggy" are the most attentive pilots and guide I have ever flown with. The land of Fire and Ice is best seen from the air and the optional landings.

Rose

in 8 reviews
"mount esja"
"once in a lifetime"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"beautiful landscape"
in 7 reviews
"take photos"
"sunny day"

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

I just want to add to my daughter's review below about how great our trip was. First class from the time Fridgeir met us until Johannes touched down at the end of the flight. A wonderful memory made possible by the folks at Reykjavik Helicopters.

1  Thank tres9350
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Geothermal Tour. Absolutely perfect. From the moment of initial contact by e-mail, thru to the end of the trip, we had superb service and attention. If you do nothing else in Iceland, this is a "must do". A completely memorable experience, for the rest of your life. Well worth the money. Just do it !

1  Thank DCS172015
Reviewed July 11, 2015

My son (age 10) and father (age 72) were in Iceland together. We wanted to send them on a helicopter trip. I contacted multiple companies to find out if they would assure my son a window seat. I did not want to pay for a trip and have him sandwiched in the middle trying to look over larger adults. Reykjavik Helicopters went above and beyond to ensure that he had a window and could enjoy the views. My father and son both said the helicopter trip was the highlight of their time together. The pilot and staff were extremely friendly. The Silver Circle tour was beautiful and, as our son said, 'Mom, the pilot taught me so much that is was like a classroom with rotor blades!" That you Reykjavik Helicopters! We hope to visit next summer as a family and we WILL come see you!

2  Thank C0l0rad0MountainMama
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

What a great experience, from door to door. Fridgeir handled all logistics (including a clear day) seamlessly, and Johannes was/is an excellent pilot and guide. My wife and I can't recommend these guys enough, and this was our 3rd helicopter tour and it was the best hands down. The Icelandic sites were beautiful (Geysir, waterfalls, volcano and hot springs) with 3 touchdowns and relaxed timeline - we didn't feel rushed. Johannes maneuvered the aircraft to ensure both sides of the helicopter enjoyed the view of key sites.

The Ranga hotel lunch was outstanding with local Arctic char and salmon. If you have a chance, this is money well spent. We will post our rainbow waterfall shot as well. As a business owner and entrepreneur, these guys are making good on the promise. Thanks for the experience and Icelandic and Greenland hospitality.

2  Thank JohnWachter