Review Highlights

Most fantastic Northern Lights Extravaganza available

Reviewed March 20, 2017
birkir8
Reykjavik, Iceland

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2017

My twelve-year-old and I took the deluxe, one hour puffin tour. The yacht was possibly the most luxurious boat we’ve ever been on. The captain and his son welcomed each guest aboard and offered everyone a selection of hot beverages. There was plentiful indoor and outdoor seating and viewing areas on all levels of the yacht. The small restroom was tidy and clean. Cozy blankets were available for those who chose outdoor seating. The captain took us straight to an Island where we saw dozens of puffins nesting and flying about. He gave brief narrations about Reykjavik, the harbor and puffins throughout the journey. The captain also allowed my daughter to view the pilot and navigation controls and answered all her questions. His son took our pictures on a fancy camera, then emailed them to us. Overall this was a quick but amazing adventure for any puffin lover.

Date of experience: May 2017
Einar S, Owner at Harpa Yachts, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Dear Prof_Thea.
Thank you for your lovely words. The puffins are amazing and we are happy that you enjoyed our tour.
Einar

Reviewed March 20, 2017

After going on a bus tour to see the northern lights we decided a couple of friends to check out Northern Lights tour by sea and we were amazed. It is a truly wonderful experience for anyone who wants to really gaze and marvel at the dance of the sky for the night. I would recommend for anyone who wants too truly see the northern lights to go. The staff was amazing and the boat itself just beautiful and the fact that we got to stop for picture and have pretty good snacks was even better. I would absolutely recommend this as a must tour for everyone who visits Iceland.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Went on an amazing tour with the guys at Harpa Yachts. One of the most amazing displays of northern lights I have ever seen. The boat is great with alot of room to hang out both in the lounge inside and on the deck outside. Great service onboard aswell and the hot coco was especially nice to have in the freezing cold. Just an all around great experience and I do recommend for anyone looking for some exciting activities in Reykjavík.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

The trip was great, I have never seen so much and bright northern lights in my life (and I am from Iceland)
The crew was very professional and made me feel safe and at home.
Would highly recommend this experience for anyone that wants to see the northern lights in a quiet and mesmerising way, away from city lights.
5/5 would love to go again some time.
All the best :)

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Herbert S
Reviewed March 10, 2017

We had a very nice Tuesday evening. We weren't super lucky with the northern lights (although we saw some) but the yacht was neat and we truly enjoyed the cruise. The yacht was not crowded and the service was personal. There was warm blankets for everyone, but remember to wear enough clothes! You definitely need your lopapeysa on this trip.

Date of experience: March 2017