Review Highlights
South beach Iceland

Black beaches, old lava fields, iceberg, waterfall everything breathtaking. Very nice guide, big... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Yoel K
via mobile
South Coast Private Day Trip

Reviewed September 30, 2018
Deborah T
via mobile

All reviews day trip south coast lava fields sights driver tour itinerary landscape
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Black beaches, old lava fields, iceberg, waterfall everything breathtaking.
Very nice guide, big and convenient car.
I recommend this tour.

Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear friends. It's very fun for me to get such great people to visit us. This trip was unforgettable to me. Price welcome again, and thanks for this excellent review. Best Regards Hjalmar

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This was a great trip! We saw all the South Coast has to offer! Beautiful scenery and our guide had lots of knowledge of the area. He even sang for us! This is a trip we won’t forget!

Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear friends. It's very inspiring for me to get such great people traveling with us.
Welcome again, and thanks for this good review.
Best Regards Hjalmar

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Travelled latish June 2018. Very accommodating. Comfortable vehicle, and always felt safe and well looked after. Good lunch stop. Good communication before the trip. English was OK. Landscape is amazing. We slightly modified the recommended itinerary to add Haifoss and were thrilled with the choice. Most other falls (especially on South Coast Rd) were packed - this was pretty deserted and really wonderful.

Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Daytrips A, Manager of Daytrips.is, answered this review
Dear friends. It's very inspiring for me to get such great people to visit us. Welcome again, and thanks for this good review.
Best Regards Hjalmar

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Just the flexibility our family of 5 needed to see the main geothermal sights in a half day trip (at very short notice) from Reykjavik. Hjalmar our driver and guide did all he could to make the tour interesting for us and our children (16, 12 and 10). We loved Iceland and the sights are out of this world. Amazing. And our host kicked off a sing-along on the drive back to our hotel. And topped it off with a lovely operatic song (he sings in a choir). Great day.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic experience with Hjalmar doing the Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon and Northern Lights trips. Hjalmars knowledge and insights made the trips even more interesting and meant we saw the Northern Lights on a night when very few others managed it. The dried fish, Icelandic Shnapps and of course the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone made for the perfect experience!

Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear friends. It's very inspiring for me to get such great people to visit us. You are a visitor that I will not forget. Price welcome again, and thanks for this nice review.
Best regards Hjalmar

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Hjalmar took me, my husband, and our young adult son on a wonderful trip to the highlights of Iceland in mid August of this year. We spent the drive talking and singing! The sights were fabulous and Hjalmar really went out of his way to make sure we saw everything we wanted to see. We admired the way he learned English later in life in order to run his tour business, and his enthusiastic love for his country. We definitely want to go back to Iceland!

Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Dear friends
It was wonderful to meet you family, and travel with your and sing together and everyone has great voices and true friendships. Thanks for this great review, and welcome back to us.
Best regards Hjalmar

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

We had such a fantastic day on the south coast tour today.

Hjalmar went past our expectation to make our day even more special. Lots of local knowledge and we saw the best sights.

He also took lots of photos for us :)

Thanks Hjalmar x

1  Thank Alda H
Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Dear customers Eric and Andrea, thank you for this nice review. Thanks to book a trip with us, it was indisleg experience to be present during your big moment behind Seljalandsfoss.

Regards Hjálmar

Reviewed September 8, 2015

We had a fabulous tour with Hjalmar. He knows the region and the history. He talked about his own history in Iceland in another region of Iceland (that I now want to visit). Hjalmar was very willing to answer questions and show us what we asked to see. He accommodated our needs and desires very well. AND he sing opera arias and Icelandic folk songs. WE really enjoyed our trip and highly recommend Daytrips.is
This was my second trip to Iceland. I enjoyed the big bus tour of the previous trip but the jeep trip was better and more personal.

3  Thank Jane E
Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear customer, my heartfelt thanks for this nice review, it encourages us to do well with our guests, thanks

Hjálmar

Reviewed August 2, 2015

Hjálmar orchestrated an awe-inspiring day for the four of us (2 adults and 2 teens), showing off the best that Iceland has to offer all in one customized action-packed 12+ hour day. I loved how unabashedly proud he is of Iceland; his stories about his country and his family (and his phenomenal singing voice) personalized the trip in a unique way. We can now say that we have a friend in Iceland!

4  Thank T217217
Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Dear family it was also a good experience for me to follow you on Icelandic nature of this long day to rejoice with you. Thanks Hjálmar

Reviewed July 5, 2015

We (me and my dad) saw lots and lots of sights in two days and were very tired by the end but we really appreciated the personal attention to our needs which allowed Hjálmar (the tour guide) to give us a customized tour. Hjálmar has a great signing voice - we loved all of the songs while we were driven by him through the country! Hjálmar gave us lots of tips and information regarding the country. In short, my dad and I really loved it!

3  Thank Artem C
Daytrips A, Manager at Daytrips.is, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Dear Artem
It was great for me to be able to accompany you the father and son to Sout Coast, Glacial Lagoon and Golden Circle Blue Lagoon and experience with you Icelandic nature and human interaction, thanks
Regards Hjálmar