“Best Fish 'n Chips!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I ate at this restaurant on 3 occasions, and on each visit I found the food and the service to be excellent. The best fish 'n chips I have ever eaten!!

1  Thank Mike H

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went to the Skolavordustig one around 8:25pm. Know they will close at 9, so ordered food quickly. Ordered fish of the day and salmon, both were cooked with boiled water and side dish is raw and tasteless. Price is not cheap, so we don't expect food in such quality. Can only sympathize the only staff who cooked and cleaned up the tables herself. Don't want to go there again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a great little find this was. Hidden in the harbour area, just a few blocks from the Main Street is this wonderful, simple fish based restaurant.

If you are looking for a good, affordable meal, away from the louder bars and restaurants, I highly recommend this place. As you walk in, you select your main meal, sided dish, extras and drinks from the main counter, then pay and receive a number. Head to find a table and wait for your food - simple!

We had the fish and chips, which was breadcrumbed local cod and a nice local Viking beer to wash it down. Couldn't have been better.

Pros:

- very affordable food (around $20 per person for everything)
- good quality and just enough to keep you going all afternoon
- nice atmosphere, not too touristy

Cons:

- not a huge selection of food options

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stumbled onto this restaurant but thoroughly enjoyed our 'fish of the day' meals. The fish was simply cooked but quite tasty and the rice and vegetables made the meal complete.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I ate here twice during my trip to Iceland and found the food simple, but well prepared. Heartier eaters than I (my husband, for example) would be hungry after a dinner here, but I found the portions perfect for lunch. And it does well what Iceland does best -- fish. The owner has spent a lot of time in the States and it's fun to talk to him about the cultural differences between Iceland and the US.