“Totally memorable”

Iceland in a Day
Ranked #104 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Iceland in a Day focuses on private tailor-made super jeep day tours and multi day tours where no two tours are the same. We offer personal service with pick-up and drop-off at your choice. No pre-planned departures or stops, everything can be done exactly the way you like it. On our tour pages are ideas that you can bend and change to your satisfaction. More time here or less time elsewhere is no problem, the car is at your disposal for approximately 10 hours. We assure you that your experience will be first class. Our driver-guides have over 10 years experience in planning the perfect day for tourists in Iceland, they speak the Scandinavian languages and English and are full of knowledge about the land and history. Let us help you plan your trip for you. One day or many, the choice is yours. We can accommodate up to 6 passengers in the car.
Reviewed February 20, 2016

We booked the jeep trip so that we could see what we wanted in one day and with a small group rather than a large impersonal bus trip. Despite it appearing to be an expensive option I can assure you that it is worth every penny. Christian picked us up at the hotel exactly on time and from then on we were like excited children (despite being 4 adults) in the back of this super modified jeep. We had a fab time and Christian was an excellent guide/host and was also enjoyable company. We also went snowmobiling and would highly recommend. We returned 10 hours later and it felt like we had only just left. We would highly recommend that you organise your trip through this company - a fantastic and totally memorable day. Many thanks to Christian (he also booked us a table at a lovely restaurant) and sorry for asking so many questions! We all thought it was ace!

All reviews
"series"
"snow"
"stories"

Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

A private tour in a super jeep. You go where you want at your own pace, missing the mad crowds and the tour buses. Getting to places you may not see with the masses, all with the expert and informative help of Orri your guide/driver for the day. They do all they can to make the day as relaxed but exciting as it can be fitting in what they can to make sure you see as much as possible. Obviously the weather plays a big part in this so we were really happy that the company are flexible on when you take the tour. We kept in constant touch with them and were able to firm up plans when we arrived in Reykjavik. Perhaps not the cheapest way to see the sights, but i think you ultimately get what you pay for. This was money well spent. A thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Reviewed November 24, 2015 via mobile

We did the Golden Circle and Northern Lights trips with this great company. Orri was our guide. Due to the weather and short duration of our trip we had to do both tours in one day but even so we were never rushed and saw absolutely everything we needed to and more besides. As this was a private tour we were able to beat the crowds of buses at each of the main venues and still have time for coffee, lunch and dinner etc.

Orri was extremely knowledgeable about all of the sights and was good at giving us information about living in Iceland and also its history.

We did the snowmobile extra at the glacier and this was definitely worth it. As was our off road excursion.

Orri went above and beyond to drive to find clear skies for the best chance of seeing the northern lights

1  Thank DINKEtravellers
Reviewed November 10, 2015

We booked a last minute tour with Iceland in a Day on a recommendation from one of the travel kiosks in Reykjavik. Our tour guide, Orri Dor, simply made the trip. I traveled with my aunts, a cousin and my mother. We all arrived and left at different times which was a short 3 day trip for me. We would never have been able to see everything if not for Orri. He was also extremely informative, funny (ding ding ding...Orri that is for you), and he took great care of my family during any unsteady hiking expeditions. No need to book separate tours, you can see it all with Orri! I can't wait to go back....

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2015

I booked a last minute super jeep trip for myself and my 4 kids with Iceland in a Day. I picked this company since it does custom tours and we were on a certain time schedule. Our driver and guide, Sveinbjorn was the best. He promptly picked us up at our hotel in Reykjavik in a very cool and spacious super jeep on the way to Thorsmork, which was absolutely breathtaking. He spoke perfect English and was very knowledgable about Icelandic history. We drove through numerous rivers and one of the highlights of the trip was hiking in Stakksholtagja. On the way back to our hotel, my kids got hungry and we stopped by a picturesque restaurant on the coast that was populated by locals. It was obvious Sveinbjorn knew this area like the back of his hand and I plan to book another trip when I return to Iceland.

1  Thank 808GPK