“Fantastic day”

Iceland in a Day
Ranked #104 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Iceland in a Day focuses on private tailor-made super jeep day tours and multi day tours where no two tours are the same. We offer personal service with pick-up and drop-off at your choice. No pre-planned departures or stops, everything can be done exactly the way you like it. On our tour pages are ideas that you can bend and change to your satisfaction. More time here or less time elsewhere is no problem, the car is at your disposal for approximately 10 hours. We assure you that your experience will be first class. Our driver-guides have over 10 years experience in planning the perfect day for tourists in Iceland, they speak the Scandinavian languages and English and are full of knowledge about the land and history. Let us help you plan your trip for you. One day or many, the choice is yours. We can accommodate up to 6 passengers in the car.
Reviewed November 24, 2015 via mobile

We did the Golden Circle and Northern Lights trips with this great company. Orri was our guide. Due to the weather and short duration of our trip we had to do both tours in one day but even so we were never rushed and saw absolutely everything we needed to and more besides. As this was a private tour we were able to beat the crowds of buses at each of the main venues and still have time for coffee, lunch and dinner etc.

Orri was extremely knowledgeable about all of the sights and was good at giving us information about living in Iceland and also its history.

We did the snowmobile extra at the glacier and this was definitely worth it. As was our off road excursion.

Orri went above and beyond to drive to find clear skies for the best chance of seeing the northern lights

1  Thank DINKEtravellers
"series"
"snow"
"stories"

Reviewed November 10, 2015

We booked a last minute tour with Iceland in a Day on a recommendation from one of the travel kiosks in Reykjavik. Our tour guide, Orri Dor, simply made the trip. I traveled with my aunts, a cousin and my mother. We all arrived and left at different times which was a short 3 day trip for me. We would never have been able to see everything if not for Orri. He was also extremely informative, funny (ding ding ding...Orri that is for you), and he took great care of my family during any unsteady hiking expeditions. No need to book separate tours, you can see it all with Orri! I can't wait to go back....

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I booked a last minute super jeep trip for myself and my 4 kids with Iceland in a Day. I picked this company since it does custom tours and we were on a certain time schedule. Our driver and guide, Sveinbjorn was the best. He promptly picked us up at our hotel in Reykjavik in a very cool and spacious super jeep on the way to Thorsmork, which was absolutely breathtaking. He spoke perfect English and was very knowledgable about Icelandic history. We drove through numerous rivers and one of the highlights of the trip was hiking in Stakksholtagja. On the way back to our hotel, my kids got hungry and we stopped by a picturesque restaurant on the coast that was populated by locals. It was obvious Sveinbjorn knew this area like the back of his hand and I plan to book another trip when I return to Iceland.

1  Thank 808GPK
Reviewed August 14, 2015

For just 2 adults and 1 child (almost 11 years old), purchasing a customized superjeep tour was expensive... But worth every penny!!! I can't even begin to describe what a memorable experience we had. I already had very lofty expectations. I had done my research and knew exactly what we wanted to see. And that's exactly what I got and then some. We booked the jeep for 2 different days and had two experiences we will remember and treasure forever. The first day was to waterfalls, Hekla, and Landmannalaugar. And the second day was to Thorsmork. Both were absolutely amazing. We plowed through rivers, drove through landscapes that looked supernatural, and raced up the sides of volcanoes like they were nothing. We went on several unforgettable hikes, one at Landmannalaugar and 2 at Thorsmork including an unreal journey into lush Stakkholtsgja canyon, over rocks and through rivers until we had climbed to the bottom of a beautiful waterfall and tasted the water.

But I have to say what really made our2days complete was our guide Orri. The man became like family, was extremely professional, and was just an endless wealth of information. He also threw in extras that we never planned to see, like 2 picturesque waterfalls that bookended a gorgeous giant gorge that seemingly popped up out of nowhere.

We LOVED Orri! Ask for him and trust in him and he will deliver you so etching truly memorable. Again, I want to emphasize that we had extremely high expectations! We purposely sought out this company so that we could plan our own agenda, see what WE wanted to see and not feel rushed. And these expections were wildly exceeded! I could gush forever to anyone about e time we had.

And there was no rush whatsoever, anywhere! Just for example, I didn't like that some other superjeep companies told me that after riding all the way out to Landmannalaugar, I would be able to either swim or hike, but not both. Well we did both. We took a nice leisurely swim in the hot spring followed by a long and unforgetTable hike through the Landmannalaugar landscape, seeing everything and climbing across a lava field rock by rock. But it was no big deal. Our first day lasted 12 hours instead of the promised 10, but again, no big deal. Orri went out of his way to show us everything and point out exactly where to go and to make it memorable.

We would definitely recommend this company, and especially Orri to anyone! Just do it, you won't regret it!!!