Review Highlights
First Rate Private Tour

After much research (!) and a recommendation from our hotel concierge, we decided to hire Iceland... read more

Reviewed December 21, 2018
theobsessivetraveler
Atlanta, Georgia
Golden Circle and Glacier Tour was the best!

Olä was our guide and he was the absolute best! We went on another guided tour that was nice, but... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2018
Bueller35
Tampa, Florida
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2015

We booked a last minute tour with Iceland in a Day on a recommendation from one of the travel kiosks in Reykjavik. Our tour guide, Orri Dor, simply made the trip. I traveled with my aunts, a cousin and my mother. We all arrived and left at different times which was a short 3 day trip for me. We would never have been able to see everything if not for Orri. He was also extremely informative, funny (ding ding ding...Orri that is for you), and he took great care of my family during any unsteady hiking expeditions. No need to book separate tours, you can see it all with Orri! I can't wait to go back....

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 2, 2015

I booked a last minute super jeep trip for myself and my 4 kids with Iceland in a Day. I picked this company since it does custom tours and we were on a certain time schedule. Our driver and guide, Sveinbjorn was the best. He promptly picked us up at our hotel in Reykjavik in a very cool and spacious super jeep on the way to Thorsmork, which was absolutely breathtaking. He spoke perfect English and was very knowledgable about Icelandic history. We drove through numerous rivers and one of the highlights of the trip was hiking in Stakksholtagja. On the way back to our hotel, my kids got hungry and we stopped by a picturesque restaurant on the coast that was populated by locals. It was obvious Sveinbjorn knew this area like the back of his hand and I plan to book another trip when I return to Iceland.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank 808GPK
Reviewed August 14, 2015

For just 2 adults and 1 child (almost 11 years old), purchasing a customized superjeep tour was expensive... But worth every penny!!! I can't even begin to describe what a memorable experience we had. I already had very lofty expectations. I had done my research and knew exactly what we wanted to see. And that's exactly what I got and then some. We booked the jeep for 2 different days and had two experiences we will remember and treasure forever. The first day was to waterfalls, Hekla, and Landmannalaugar. And the second day was to Thorsmork. Both were absolutely amazing. We plowed through rivers, drove through landscapes that looked supernatural, and raced up the sides of volcanoes like they were nothing. We went on several unforgettable hikes, one at Landmannalaugar and 2 at Thorsmork including an unreal journey into lush Stakkholtsgja canyon, over rocks and through rivers until we had climbed to the bottom of a beautiful waterfall and tasted the water.

But I have to say what really made our2days complete was our guide Orri. The man became like family, was extremely professional, and was just an endless wealth of information. He also threw in extras that we never planned to see, like 2 picturesque waterfalls that bookended a gorgeous giant gorge that seemingly popped up out of nowhere.

We LOVED Orri! Ask for him and trust in him and he will deliver you so etching truly memorable. Again, I want to emphasize that we had extremely high expectations! We purposely sought out this company so that we could plan our own agenda, see what WE wanted to see and not feel rushed. And these expections were wildly exceeded! I could gush forever to anyone about e time we had.

And there was no rush whatsoever, anywhere! Just for example, I didn't like that some other superjeep companies told me that after riding all the way out to Landmannalaugar, I would be able to either swim or hike, but not both. Well we did both. We took a nice leisurely swim in the hot spring followed by a long and unforgetTable hike through the Landmannalaugar landscape, seeing everything and climbing across a lava field rock by rock. But it was no big deal. Our first day lasted 12 hours instead of the promised 10, but again, no big deal. Orri went out of his way to show us everything and point out exactly where to go and to make it memorable.

We would definitely recommend this company, and especially Orri to anyone! Just do it, you won't regret it!!!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Spent two fabulous days with our guide Christian. Picked us up promptly at 8:00am and then we spent the next 12 hours being entertained, educated, and spellbound by his knowledge and enthusiasm as well as the wondrous sights and activities. We did the "Golden Circle" the first day and then the Snæfellsnes Peninsula on the second day. The Jeep was very comfortable and provided a great off road experience. My wife and I couldn't have been happier. Wish there was a rating higher than Excellent

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank Norman B
Reviewed March 31, 2015

After a rough start to our vacation due to weather canceling our flights to Hofn, we had a late start after most tours had left. Orie picked us up at the hotel and after a brief discussion about what we wanted to see most, he took us out to the black beaches, across the southern lava fields, showed us natural caves. He had great stories that made the experience truly a unique Iceland experience. We called back later that night and booked the next day too. Another great day of offloading in the Highlands, seeing glaciers, waterfalls, Iceland ponies, and so much information! Orie is a wonderful tour guide and even pointed out the finer points of Iceland hotdogs- a great experience I would have never tried. He even called and made us a reservation at a restaurant that had great food.

I would highlight recommend this company! It was tailored to what we wanted with Orie's knowledge and recommendations to make it better than we could have planned ourselves.
Looking forward to coming back again in the future and will defiantly book with Orie!

Date of experience: March 2015