“THE BEST”

Iceland Offroad - Private Tours
Ranked #70 of 337 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Iceland off road, 4x4 offroad tours, Private tours, Hiking, Caving and all round out doors and activity tours.
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I joined the northern light hunt. Although we did not see the light on our first night, Stefan kindly invited us to go again with them on another night. The team really tried their best to maximise our chance to see the northern light by driving to different locations to find clear skies. The name 'offroad' does suit this company as one night we just stopped on the road because of the faint white/green light!
Because of the great service provided, we also booked the caving in the lava tube tour. Stefan booked us in despite the short notice (we booked it in the morning at 9am and tour on the same day afternoon 1pm). Our tour guide Bigg is very knowledgable and full of passion. We toured the whole lava tube while the other large group which went into the tube before us just toured half of it.
I would highly recommend Iceland Offroad to everyone! It's worth every single pennies!!
The next time I visit Iceland, I would definitely book this tour again.

Visited April 2014
Stefan4x4, Owner at Iceland Offroad - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the good review.

New England
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“We would still recommend this company”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our experience with a Northern Lights Tour wasn't as great as it could have been but I feel that the response we got from the company was pretty good. Because of their response we would go on another tour with them.

Our tour was originally scheduled for a Friday night. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great. Iceland Offroad stayed in contact with us via email and eventually moved it to Saturday night. Saturday night we were picked up and met with 3 other cars. We didn't end up seeing the Northern Lights (not their fault), we didn't receive any help with our camera, we didn't have a guide with a camera, and we didn't get any hot beverages. We also weren't offered another tour since we didn't see the Lights (I guess we should have been more vocal and asked about this).

When we got home we emailed the company and explained about our tour. I was speaking with Stefan and in the end I was happy with the response. Stefan explained that unfortunately mistakes happen, he spoke with his staff about this occurrence, and did offer us a refund. In my opinion I think it was they were just a bit overwhelmed with the amount of people on this evenings tour. We weren't looking for (and didn't choose to accept) a refund because while things weren't perfect we did go out and did enjoy a lovely night under the stars. We were wanted to tell them our story and hopefully get an understanding response from Iceland Offroad. In the end that's exactly what we got so we would still recommend them to our friends.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for the review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My 14 year old son and I spent 3 wonderful days in Iceland and used iceland off-road for all of our tours. Bigg and Stefan were both great. Very knowledgable about the area and even shared many hidden and special spots (caves, trails behind waterfalls, hidden geothermal baths...). They were very focused on us enjoying our time in their country, learning about it and enjoying all the wonderful spots. Additionally, Bigg is an amazing photographer and helped me to use my camera to its fullest- including amazing pictures of the Northern Lights with us in the picture!

I would highly recommend using these guides if you want to have a highly customer focused and amazing time. We will use them again should we get back to this beautiful country.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Robin L
Stefan4x4, Owner at Iceland Offroad - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review.
Hong Kong, China
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“An Excellent Caving Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I joined a caving tour. It was bad weather with strong wind, heavy rain and sometimes hails. We joined with a couple from Scotland and went to caving by a super jeep. All equipment were provided. Bigg was an experience tour guide. He was humourous and passionate. Even in a bad weather, we still enjoyed the tour so much (although we all got wet). Perfect recommendation to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Stefan4x4, Owner at Iceland Offroad - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you so very much for the great review.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stefan and team are very friendly and they truly know their job well.

Bigg was very determined (& humourous) to drive us around to catch the Northern Lights despite the cloudy conditions spread over the skies.

Aside being the founder of the Company, Stefan has been promptly replying our queries via email and keeping the Northern Lights status up to date to the guides and us. He personally has brought us to the lava cave and patiently explained to us the formation of the caves etc.

You wont regret choosing Iceland Offroad as your tour partners!

Visited April 2014
Thank you so very much for the great review.