“Awesome place to visit and drink”
Review of Micro Bar

Micro Bar
Ranked #4 of 40 Nightlife in Reykjavik
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome place to visit and drink”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This bar is hidden and part of a hotel. It seats bout 25 people at the most i think. there is no food served here. its for drinking only. :D

Had an outstanding time at the Micro Bar while visiting Iceland. Talked into some newly met friends from a tour and they tagged along. Best night in Iceland. We just kept drinking since our server was super nice and helping us write down the names of the beers we drank...

We came around Christmas time so the taps were full of other stuff.. So the Ingi was nice and just opened up bottles and the 4 of us just split bout 7 different beers during the night...

and let me tell you the bus ride back to the hotel was awesome as we were all a lil tipsy

Beers we tried:

• Slovak first
Reykjavik, Iceland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing selection and friendly service!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

A friend in Iceland recommended this bar since I like IPAs. We called ahead and the barman said they close at midnight, though it says 11:30pm on here. We got there at about 11:20pm. You have the option of just buying a beer, getting a sample of four of the house beers, or trying all eight. We tried all eight and although we only personally liked four of them it was totally worth it!

The atmosphere is great and the barman was extremely friendly. He even gave me the name of the artist who painted the walls and drew the illustrations for the beers after he noticed me admiring the art.

I would definitely recommend this bar to any beer lover! I will probably find myself there in a few minutes while I buy some time before my friends are available :)

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Prices were reasonable, selection was great and everyone was very nice. No question if I'm every back I would go again.

London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great beers, bit expensive”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great bar situated just of the heart of the city, great beers; they actually had a whale beer! Yes a beer made from whale!

Hampshire, England
166 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Great beer”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

firstly a great place to sample Icelandic beers other then generic lagers that are available elsewhere. 9 draught beers available ranging from a standard lager through wheat beers and stout up to a barley wine at over 11 per cent alcohol.
Very busy little bar at the back of the Centre Hotel. All seats were taken and the the atmosphere was buzzing with conversation. Spent a good evening here.

Visited January 2014