“Lopapeysa Heaven!”

Handknitting Association of Iceland
Ranked #2 of 86 Shopping in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was recommended to me on the Tripadvisor forums when I posted about finding Lopapeysa sweaters, and wow was I impressed. I have never seen so many sweaters in my life! The quality and variety far surpassed anything I saw anywhere else. Prices were on par with what you saw elsewhere, for the same style you saw over and over again. Paid 289 each for two hooded zippered sweaters, one short sleeved style I didn't see anywhere else, and was complimented on it in the airport and on the plane home by people asking me where I got it. Highly recommended! :)

2  Thank work2travel

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

After touring the whole country I wound up back in Reykjavik I

The sweaters here are about 50000 less than the rest if the shops on the street

I did not find anything better/cheaper anywhere else in the country

5  Thank John K
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Best place in town for sweaters, lots of different styles. Great selection of yarn in the back. Wish I had more room in luggage..

1  Thank Alexe F
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is where the locals knit and sell the traditional lopapeysa sweaters. They cost about $200 USD, but you will get a $30 tax credit back at the airport when you leave. Quality is top notch, much better than in the tourist shops, and these are made locally. My daughter also bought a wool felted puffin, and a cute knit hat with a puffin design. Sweaters come in about 12 styles, both pullover and cardigan, for children and adults. They have a dressing room for you to try on.

39  Thank norah728
Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you are looking for local hand knitted products at a reasonable price...don't miss this shop. They even have all supplies for knitting yourself if you would rather take home Icelandic yarn instead of a sweater! Cute little shop filled with wool sweaters, blankets, hats, mittens and all things wool!

8  Thank Wyldecamp