“amazing horseriding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of iHorse - Reykjavik Riding Tours - CLOSED

iHorse - Reykjavik Riding Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: 10 mins. from downtown Reykjavik - small groups - you won´t get lost in the crowd - personal service - riding lesson with a professional rider on the horses before taking off on the tour - unusual landscape - horses trained by a World Champion! Nobody can beat this service! Ride with the best of the best in Iceland and come to iHorse!The tour takes you through a 4700 year old lava field on the outskirts of Reykjavik. The view is amazing mountain views, lava formations, moss covered lava rocks, view of lake Elliðavatn and Reykjavik in the background. This is an experience like no other because these pseudocraters which you see in the lava field that formed when lava ran through Reykjavik thousands of years ago can only be found in Iceland and on planet Mars!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“amazing horseriding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

after a last minute booking i joined a small group of horseriders...I am so glad i did.
the stables were immaculate and the horses obviously well looked after.
The owners were attentive and friendly making sure everyone was comfortable on the horses.
After a few laps round the arena we went on the most a.
amazing horseride i have ever done.we walked trotted and cantered through a 5 thousand year old lava flow...absolutly stunning
...go and enjoy

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My daughter and I are "tourist" riders. Thelma was great. She was very patient and we had a great time. Enjoyed very much. would do it again next time we visit Iceland.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Amazing ride in winter wonderland 💙💙💙”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Thelma was fantastic and so was my gorgeous Icelandic pony Aron :-)
I'm an experienced rider and Thelma took me out for a 'spin' and it was brilliant! She organised it quickly and efficiently - I only called at 9am and we were out on the horses by 12.30! She taught me (an English rider!) the 'tolt' which is a MUST for any experienced rider-so comfortable and different! We rode through a snow storm and the fab iHorse show suit kept me toasty... Although could have done with some ski goggles, as ended up cantering with my eyes closed! That's how safe the ponies are! I've ridden in many countries and have to say that was up there in my 'top places to ride' list!
Thanks to Thelma and iHorse!
Oh. And ps. My mum was very appreciative of the warm upstairs room and the company of your lovely dogs :-)
Let me know if you're in england and want to do some jumping ;-) x

Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Three of us booked to go on the Classic tour, we are at all different levels, we all came back eager to go another time, very interesting ride. The 'tolt' was a whole new experience. Keen to please, kind ponies.

I would recommend this to anyone at any level.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Fresh Meadows, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This company is the pinnacle of customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked our trip via email prior to our arrival in Iceland. Because of our itinerary, we were only able to do the ride after 3PM and iHorse agreed to accommodate us with a private tour. We are a family of four, but unfortunately, my teenage daughter wasn’t feeling well after our flight, so she wasn’t able to go. iHorse was able to do the ride for just three people (two adults and one child).

The tour was incredible! It was cold outside, so they provided us with winter riding suits, head warmers, helmets and gloves. We all rode before, but this was our first experience with Icelandic horses, so we were given a brief introduction before going out on the trails. Our guide, Thelma spoke wonderful English and was able to give us riding instructions as well as a guided tour. This was our first experience riding on ice-covered trails. These horses move on ice without missing a beat. We even did the famous Icelandic tolt.

My daughter recovered in a day, and we contacted Thelma again to see if she would be able to take my daughter on a tour by herself. Again, iHorse came through with flying colors. They picked her up at the hotel and returned her on time. We just had to sign a parental consent slip. On top of this, I must mention, that they offer discounted prices for children.

All in all, I highly recommend iHorse to anybody who wants to go riding in Iceland.

Visited February 2014