“Closed until further notice”

Reykjavik Century Museum
Ranked #111 of 176 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Reykjavik Century Museum offers it's guests a unique and wonderfully visual perspective of our city's history. Our Reykjavik Walk show takes viewers through 100 years of downtown Reykjavik history by transporting guests back in time and travelling through the streets as they were in 1912. Our mini model of one of the oldest streets in Reykjavik gives our guests an even more accurate feel of how people lived in the last century.After some reorganizing we have just reopened our doors in a new and exiting location where we hope to give our guests a great experience.
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Closed until further notice”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Please look at the website to see if it reopens. Obviously I could not find this on my trip, and the tourist information center that was right beside this address had no clue of it's existence.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank magicofeet

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“I couldn't find this!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was keen to find this when I visited Reykjavik in August 2013 but couldn't find anything open in the area of the address given on the website. I asked at tourist information and they had never heard of it! We found the temporary Expo Cube exhibition and asked there, they also had not heard of it.

Also, I used the Facebook page to email in advance about the Viking photoshoot and no-one ever replied to me!

I was disappointed. I will visit in future so hopefully will be open then.

Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Well worth a few hours time”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is a spacious, well appointed museum of Iceland. My favorite part is the nostalgic area. A fabulous place to capture cityscape photographs of Reykjavik. The upper floor also features an upscale restaurant with fabulous gelato!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank taxtracker
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really interesting!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was so surprised at how fascinating this was. I have been to Iceland many times and this is a new tourist attraction. This is something cool to do when the weather is too rough (as it often is in Iceland). I recommend checking it out.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brit T
Kópavogur, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Really cool show, never seen anything like this before. The 180° simulator was really amazing, one of a kind show! The northern light was really relaxin and a great way to see it if you dont catch them while you stay in iceland. Worth every penny. A show no one should miss!

Visited April 2013