“An incredible day tour into the West”
Review of Always Iceland

Always Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: KAlways Iceland is an adventure tour operator and we are here for you to make your dream vacation come true in Iceland. We will help you see all the startling things that you can experience in the Iceland's breathtaking nature. Always Iceland offers both luxury transportation and all-terrain vehicles for the adventurous to make your travel in Iceland as pleasurable and adventures for you with personal service and make sure your experience is a memorable one. Always Iceland is a registered tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board taking extra care for the safety of all of our guests. Customers are from all over the world, both individuals and groups. We pride ourselves by offering the best service possible and work only with recognized and qualified parties. Always Iceland offers a wider range of tours for the travelers, regardless of when you desire to visit Iceland. All seasons have their own different charm, there are always occasions to experience something new, come across the beauty and be captivated by the creativity and colors of nature. Every season in Iceland will leave you with a load of unforgettable memories. ​Always Iceland is is ensured by the insurance company TM
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Trying out different tours for my second trip to Iceland, I came across Always Iceland's super jeep tours and decided to give it a go. We did the Western Iceland tour on an autumn's day with the unpredictable Icelandic weather, which personally I love because you never know what to expect! Oli was extremely accommodating from the start, ever since we booked him in late March until we arrived in September, where he was waiting bright and early for us outside our apartments. He knew all the right places for us to stop for photographs and little walks, and was very patient with my needs to take a few timelapses. Needless to say, with his experience as a guide and his love for Iceland, the informative and entertaining stories kept coming and I wasn't bored for a second on this tour. Despite having bad weather at the glacier Langjokull, Oli made sure he drove as far up as he could and we got to witness the blustering glacier winds and snow, which I appreciated very much! Even when I wanted to take a little walk out in the crazy winds and snow, he came out with me and walked ahead to make sure I didn't fall into unseen snow traps and that resulted in him stepping into a very muddy path which was disguised as snow. What a great guy.
10 hours of this tour went by much too quickly when I was truly having the time of my life, ending with a drive up the mountains through a rocky old road seldom used anymore and amazing sunrays peering through clouds like spotlights. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Iceland in the summer or the winter and I'm definitely recommending this tour 100% to anyone. There's really no better way to travel Iceland but in a super jeep and definitely with Oli! :)

1  Thank preludetolife
588hjk, Owner at Always Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family did the South Coast tour with Oli as our driver. We saw some beautiful sites, and Oli was a knowledgeable guide, answering all kinds of questions about the area and Iceland in general. He kept my three boys (ages 5, 8, and 10) entertained (especially with fun driving on the sand dunes at the coast) and even helped us call in a pizza to pick up on the way back into Reykjavik when it was clear the boys were completely worn out. Great trip, highly recommended!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

At the recommendation of a friend, my friend and I booked the 4x4 tour of the Golden Circle and Glacier with Oli. As we discovered when Oli arrived to pick us up, no one else had booked for this day so we essentially got a private tour of these amazing sights. We knew the tour would be the highlight of our trip - and even then, it exceeded our expectations. The national park, the geyser, the waterfalls, the volcanic hole and the countryside were all incredible - but the glacier was truly phenomenal. It felt like walking on the moon, and it was unlike anything else we had ever seen - and this alone made the price of the tour worth it.

We also can't say enough about Oli - throughout the day, he relayed fascinating history about Iceland and his experience living there, and welcomed our questions about the history, the culture, etc. He was a gracious host/tour guide, very funny, and an expert offroading driver. We learned so much, and got to see so much during a very fun day. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We went on the Golden Circle tour with Oli after being recommended the tour by my friend Darby (see review below)! I can safely say it was the most amazing tour we have ever been on! Oli is fantastic and so much fun to spend the day with, he makes the day so enjoyable but you always know you are in safe hands. The jeep he uses is brilliant for getting round the breath taking landscape, everyone was taking photos of it so they are not that common around Iceland. I cannot recommend this tour enough it was the highlight of our trip!!! Do it!!!

588hjk, Owner at Always Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for the comment to Always Iceland, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards
Oli

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We did the golden circle tour with Oli. The small group size and vehicle made us very fast and flexible. After a while of the usual (but detailed) information on sights we started asking questions about various "off topic" areas like icelandic horses, threats to local flora & fauna, hunting and fishing practices in iceland and greenland, farmers life in volcanic regions, language and history , jeep driving on glaciers and local jeep customization and WOW, did we get some info. And all in precise and humorous manner.

About superjeep: We had an older relative with us with some mobility limitations. Oli took good care of her and she greatly enjoyed the front seat and saw everything with less walking that back seat crew.

Simply great,
Thanks Oli

588hjk, Owner at Always Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for the comment to Always Iceland, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards