“Excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Fantastic Japanese food - the ribeye and sushi are memorable and the service is very good. It's closed on Sundays so plan accordingly

Visited September 2013

Atkinson, New Hampshire
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We ate here twice. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. Everything was excellent. It has a cozy atmosphere and a down home feel.

Visited August 2013
NY
“Nice change from formal restaurants”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Mix of Japanese, Cantonese in a nice setting.
Food was good and price was less in comparison to most places.

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Such friendly staff!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Staff really act like the Buddha himself! I forgot my jacket at their restaurant and they drove to my hotel to bring it to me. Very kind people! Thanks so much Buddha Cafe!

• Visited August 2013
London
“A welcome change.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Let's begin by saying that the food in generic Icelandic Restaurants is of a very high quality. As you would expect, people living in Iceland would not accept poor quality fish when they are surrounded by a huge selection of great fish and seafood. Do not hesitate to dine in local restaurants which have built their menu and reputation on local trade rather than tourists, you will find the staff helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful of our lack of knowledge on local menus. And the fish is beautifully cooked, melt in the mouth, simple sauces and packed with flavour.

However, 3 or 4 days without my oriental and Asian spices and I start to get withdrawal symptoms, I start to crave spicy food again. Buddha Cafe, serviced that desire for me quite nicely. It is not fine dining, it is not the most romantic setting but it delivers a strong mix of Asian fare. My Wife has limited enjoyment from a Japanese menu, I love Japanese food. We both enjoy Cantonese and Thai food - all 3 were available on the menu. It is not trying to be all things to all men (and women.!), thankfully it is quite a small menu done well, from each of the 3 Countries, with a good selection to suit most palates.

We were able to mix Sushi (very good) with Cantonese Chilli Chicken, with King Prawn Tempura, with a Thai Fish Curry (very good also). Being able to mix flavours and cooking styles worked really well for both of us, dining there was an easy choice as it suited us both and we didn't have to do much thinking after a long day of sightseeing.

The service is good and attentive - the young Lady (I should have taken her name) who served us was welcoming, the Manager recognised that we ate here on a few occasions during our stay and introduced us to samples of other dishes that he had on his menu, thoughtful and very well received.

You will have been to better Japanese, Cantonese and Thai restaurants around the World but you know something.... to get all three in such a fairly good format, in Iceland ...? worked just fine for us when we craved a change in flavours.

• Visited August 2013