Ways to Experience Sterna Travel Iceland
from $130.70
from $97.50
from $152.50
1,004 results
All reviews green energy secret lagoon beautiful south coast golden circle northern lights tour tour guide the bus hot chocolate geothermal plant small group deluxe tour afternoon tour faxi waterfall small bus great tour small tour extra stops
Reviewed 3 days ago

There were multiple highlights in this tour.
1. Northern Lights - although not as bright as I had hoped, we came, we saw and we conquered this part of our bucket list. The lights stayed on for a longer time than usual (based on what we were told).
2. Milky Way - The night was very clear and the milky way was also very visible to us.
3. Shooting stars!
4. Fred aka The Peace Thief (the English meaning of his Icelandic name) - Definitely a highlight. Apart from his knowledge of the northern lights and the quick session about learning to speak Icelandic, he was very entertaining. Such a cool guy!
5. The original date we booked for this tour was cancelled due to bad weather system and their team informed us on time and also quickly re-organized another date we requested for. Great service!

1  Thank Frogprincessa
Connector818278, Director of Sales at Sterna Travel Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you Frogprincessa for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience

Reviewed 3 days ago

Our host Fred was just an absolute gem! I was afraid I wouldn't see the northern lights but Fred drove us promptly from our pick up point to see the Northern lights and whilst explaining the science behind them he spotted them. I was excited to see them and there they were in the dark sky, dancing away. I must say they were much fainter and whiter in appearance which came to me as a big surprise. Fred showed us with his Go Pro 4 what our eyes couldn't capture. Nevertheless, I was still amazed by the lights! We were lucky that night they were extremely active. Fred was nice enough to take loads of professional pictures of us as a group and individually too. The pictures came out amazing and the hot cocoa was such a treat in the cold. Fred kept us entertained with his jokes and really pointed out the lights. I saw a few shooting stars which was incredible. Im glad I paid extra as it was worth every penny.

1  Thank hthiara0

Thank you hthiara0 for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience - I absolutely agree with you about Fred (Friðþjófur) - he is a gem :)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Been on tours in iceland for a week now and our tour of the lava tunnel and golden circle with guide KLaus jenter was better than we could asked for he made us feel like we could ask him anything and gave us a home like feeling his knowledge and kindness was first class thx Klaus u made our day from start to finnish fantastic

Thank you Tyler Z for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience - glad your day with us was good :)

Reviewed 5 days ago

Havar Sigurjonsson was our very competent tour guide and driver. He knew where to go so we could see the lights and he took photos of us and emailed them to us rather than posting them on Facebook because he was concerned that we receive the best quality of photos. He was extremely considerate, providing us with hot chocolate and pastries and then blankets for the ride home. His commentary was interesting and thorough. While in Reykjavik I went on 3 northern lights excursions. Two were small groups and one was a large coach. I would definitely recommend the small groups. My large coach excursion was a waste of time.

1  Thank Johanna S

Thank you Johanna S for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very knowledgeable, very funny (icelandic elf). We joined the tour in high hopes pre armed with good news from verdir auora weather elf from internet , along with expertise within 20mins heading out we intercepted the lights. I strongly advise laying on floor if they are above you, so amazing and mesmerising, don't forget icelands clear deep dark skies are well known for multiple shooting stars , be prepared with some wishes.

1  Thank pippa1981
Connector818278, Director of Sales at Sterna Travel Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you pippa1981 for booking with us and taking time to write about your experience. Glad your tour was a good!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Full day with ‘Gummi Bear’ driving (who was great). Everything was great, and the tour guide (didn’t catch her name) was good too. Would whole heartedly recommend. We did it with a 15 year old, and he was fine. Wrap up warm!!!!

Thank you Traveler310601 for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience - glad you had a good time on the tour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a tour on a relatively clear night and were lucky enough to get a viewing. The tour guide was informative and friendly and provided a lot of new and interesting information about Icelandic history and mythology. It was a really good experience, and the hot chocolate was definitely delicious and very welcome on the cold night!

1  Thank 294lindis

Thank you Lindi S for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This tour made my stopover in Iceland totally unforgettable. The guides are very professional and friendly. I felt like I was in great hands from the time they picked me up at my hostel. It’s not guaranteed that you will see the lights, but I can’t imagine anyone else would give you a chance than these knowledgeable local guides!

If you’re looking to book at the last minute their communication made that super-easy. I messaged with them through their Facebook page and they responded right away with details on booking and the forecast for that night. They even helped me to correct a mistake that I made in my booking. Overall an excellent experience!

Thank you SDK6 for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would recommend another tour company. Our guide had a monotone voice. The tour was about 45 minutes late in starting and he kept pushing to make up time. I felt very rushed at a couple of sites since I am older and do not walk as fast as others. We did another tour with a different company and I had plenty of time.

Thank you Sandra D for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience - sorry that we didn't meet your expectation

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a great experience. Klaus was amazing in his knowledge and informative about the South Coast. Although we encountered some bad weather, Klaus made it enjoyable and safe. We learned so much about the South Coast that we are planning another trip back to Iceland. I would highly recommend that you take the South Coast tour with Sterna Travel

Thank you rluck888 for booking with us and for taking time to write about your experience - and thank for your nice word about Klaus - he is very dear to us :)