Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Safari Quads tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Safari Quads
from $130.00
from $176.00
from $266.00
from $296.00
More Info
All reviews twin peaks recommend safari great fun hour tour adrenaline rush breathtaking views off road midnight sun our tour guide amazing adventure highlight of our trip warm overalls these guys great guide base camp small group great trip
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We did the Midnight Sun ATV tour our last night in Iceland. It was a whole lot of fun and our guides were very friendly and informative. They made sure the ride was manageable for riders of all levels and the scenery at our stops was beautiful. We did spend part of the ride on normal roads as other riders have mentioned, but we kind of had to in order to get to the trails. Anyway, the normal roads were fun in their own way because we could go much faster more comfortably, so it wasn't really a bad thing. This was the kind of tour I would do again if I travel to Iceland another time in the future. Also, for anyone considering going, equipment to wear for riding is provided. Just make sure whatever you wear will fit comfortably under the suit they give you- it is very warm, so a heavy coat is definitely not necessary as we found out. We went in early July so jeans, long sleeved shirt, track jacket, and hiking boots were comfortable for me.

Safari_Quads, Sales at Safari Quads, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Hello,

Thank you a thousand times, for taking the time to write such a detailed and clear Review, this sure will please our future clients.

We are stunned to hear that the tour was great and you would come riding with us again... PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU COME BACK :)

Yes, Iceland can be a little warm .... Over the summer time. but you still will see people wearing fur coats in july :)

All the best to you and have a great summer

Kind regards,

Safari Quads team

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Bryndis, Alex and Indie are the staffers with Safari that really made our trip. I cannot say enough good things about them and in the end when my group of 7 were at dinner we kept raving about the ride, the views the conversation and the care we received from Safari and it's team.

My backstory is that I booked all of my Iceland outdoor adventures through a large company. Thinking everything would be handled with one stop shopping. I was wrong. Communication was spotty, we did not receive emails with instructions on where to go. This larger company totally dropped the ball and then some. Myself and another friend decided to go hunting for a person who could tell us what we needed to know. I managed to call and reach Bryndis with Safari at her home of all places just as she was preparing to head to her office. I explained our situation and lack of communication from the original company we booked through and she threw on her Supergirl cape and had us all on the same page within 30 minutes. She told us when best to hit the road to avoid traffic and she even sent google maps with highlighted routes to help us find Safari's base camp. She also went out of her way to suggest other tours and sights to visit and see based on our planned activities. Girl you are IMPRESSIVE!

Who says the small guys cannot get the job done?!

Our tour guides were Alex and Indie who taught us how to use the ATV's, suited us up and were both encouraging and watchful throughout the ride. We summited a small mountain with the most delicious views and were able to take in such wonderful scenery and have great conversations about Iceland. If you opt to go with Safari, you will be in wonderful hands with Alex, Indie and especially the dynamic Bryndis.

So if you are coming to Iceland and staying in Reykjavik and would like to participate in an outdoor adventure through a company with heart , energy and vibrancy call Safari. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

We had a lot of fun during the ATV tour 1H - good sensations guaranteed - It was perfect but it would have been better if it was longer especially to enjoy the landscape. Thank you to Cris, our guide, who was really nice and made us at ease :)

Reviewed June 29, 2017

This was a highlight of our trip to Iceland. The ATV's were fast, and the terrain was as rugged as it was beautiful. We saw wildlife (sheep, horses and goat), geothermal areas (streams that were filled with naturally heated water from volcanic activity), and actual steam coming out of the mountains. Truly an experience we will not soon forget. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone visiting Iceland.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I found myself in Iceland for 24 hours between flights, and booked a five-hour (what turned into an *all day*) tour in advance. From top to bottom my experience couldn't have been better!

The front-end correspondence was quick and painless, and payment was reasonable. Safari Quads picked me up from the bus station in Reykjavik, gave me a 30 minute orientation at their HQ (the ATV was so easy and fun to ride!) and we were off.

Within minutes of starting (after 10 or so winding into the hills), we were bounding fast on the gravel backcountry roads and fording puddles and streams with ample mud spraying everywhere -- absolutely glorious.

We stopped early in to buy provisions for lunch in advance, then started our ascent into the highlands. Epic panoramic views followed. Really some of the most stunning nature I've ever experienced. Mountains, thermal streams, glacial melt, vistas, fog and mist... really nothing could have made the experience more authentic.

In five hours we stopped at four or five mountain *photo-ops* and once at Iceland's largest freshwater lake. In-between we were full throttle through mountain passes and streams, in the rainy mist and some sun, too.

James, my guide, was helpful, kind, and kept an eye out the whole way. He also chaperoned me to and from the bus station himself. We became fast friends on the trails and I would fly back to do this trip again in a heartbeat.