“Interesting and fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Safari Quads

Safari Quads
Book In Advance
More Info
$130.00*
and up
1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Safari Quads is an ATV & Buggy tour operator located in Reykjavik, Iceland. Our company was established in 2003 making us the oldest ATV Quad tour company in Iceland! Our operation had quite a humble beginning; we set our first roots on a farm in the countryside of West Iceland. Our tours were rugged back then – we like to think of them as ‘vintage’, but this was the birthplace of our passion and that is one thing that has not changed. We aim to provide our guests with an authentic experience with intimate exposure to the fascinating spectacle that is Iceland´s natural landscape. We left the farmland behind in 2008 and returned to civilization in Reykjavik to set up our latest and greatest basecamp. We are now located under 15 minutes away from the heart of the city making our tours easily accessible to adventurous travellers. Reykjavik´s backyard has proven to be an alluring natural playground for our ATVs and buggies with pristine mountains and stunning lakes.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Interesting and fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

As we booked the longer three hour quad biking trip, we were fortunate to be the only ones out with the guide. He tried to take us up the mountain but unfortunately due to the recent snow,we were unable to make it up there. However he did take us to lots of different places of interest that perhaps most tourists who visit don't usually go to. It was a shame that the bikes were restricted, which if you are a beginner is understandable, but as the trip we went on was advertised as being for more experienced riders (which my partner is), he found it a little bit frustrating, especially as he had me on the back as well! The company, like all Icelandic companies that we have experienced; are very friendly and helpful and can't do enough to make your experience enjoyable. They do provide warm suits and gloves to use and believe me, you do need them, but make sure you wrap up warm as well, especially if you are doing this trip in the winter. All in all a really good time and would definitely go again.

Visited December 2012

Noneof yourbusinessville
“New Year's Up A Mountain = Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend got the last two slots on this for the 2012-2013 new year fireworks watching, which was very lucky because it turned out to be a truly awesome experience.
We were collected from our hotel by a nice man (ie an Icelander), called Svavar who drove us to the place with the bikes.
I started getting pretty nervous through the safety talk; there was a lot of snow in Reykjavik and had images of rolling the quad, ending up dead, and having to use parts of my will to pay for the repairs to the bike.
But quads are relatively easy to drive, as long as you have time to give your thumb a rest at some point. Going up the mountain, despite various people getting stuck in the snow (although not me, bwahahahaha!) was good fun and once you get used to the way the bike moves it's very good fun.
The view from the top of the mountain was brilliant and will make for the best new years in both mine and my gf's memory. Fireworks everywhere, plus we had northern lights and a shooting star too (although these last two are not included in the price).

Probably the only regrets are a) I didn't take Svavar up on his kind offer to go to his party and b) I wasn't allowed to overtake people on the way back.
Brilliant experience, hang the expense!

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perry (the guide) was awesome... And so was the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This trip was so much fun and even on this foggy, rainy day, had beautiful scenery! Perry was great -- made me feel confident driving the ATV and took us on a great ride. Definitely recommend this! The only thing I wish I did differently was -- I wish I booked it for longer!! (Did a 1 hour tour) and I could have easily enjoyed a multiple hour one... So next time! It was my first time driving an ATV and I felt great driving it, even on rugged and steep terrain.

1 Thank Sam7CSU
Asby, Östergötlands Län, Sweden
“Should have booked a longer tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Me and my wife booked a short 1-hour tour called "mountain safari". We were picked up at the hotel by a superjeep and after just 10 minutes we arrived at the garage.
There you get a safety briefing (safety is important, and was taken so) and get to borrow warm and rain proof clothes. Of course also helmet and gloves.
The ATV's are from Can Am and gave a most comfortable ride, well maintained and functioning. Although our was restricted in terms of power output. But not at all under powered for the task given.

Everything, from the arrangement and the tour it self down to how we were treated by the guide was excellent! Honestly nothing to complain about!

The only thing that I do regret was that we didn't book a longer tour. We will do that, next time!

Visited January 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exillerating and phenomenal from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

On a random whim after experiencing a lot of tours Reykjavik has to offer, three friends stumbled upon safari and their quads as cars tour. The quads are super easy to drive and you won't believe the magnificent feeling of climbing up the side of a mountain watching the gorgeous subset on a cold winters day. None of us had experienced this before and for all of our varied tastes, we all left feeling like we had just conquered the world! Afterwards we drove out into the middle of a snowy winter land and crawled down into the lava tubes... What a crazy experience! It's so deep and quiet, the Colors are phenomenal and squeezing through tight places really shows you how capable humans are! I highly recommend this tour! I loved it so much that I booked the XXL quad tour to experience more! Thanks Safari, you have made our trip so cool and your so nice to work with!