“Wonderful meal.”

Ranked #31 of 486 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Argentinean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A five story concrete building that once housed offices on the upper floors and a metalwork company on the ground floor, now is the home of restaurant The Steakhouse on the ground floor, the four floors above are now apartments. The old harbor area of Reykjavik has in the last couple of years, changed in to a real gem where various cuisines, museums and arts and crafts have replaced the metalworks and fisheries. The newest addition is STEIKHÚSIÐ, which simply means „The Steak House”. The name is a deliberately this simple and descriptive, the aim is to be the only steakhouse you think of after the first visit. The heart of Steikhúsið is the coal oven from Mibrasa and the soul is our own way of tendering meat for at least 28 days. Those who seek for something purely Icelandic won’t be disappointed, Steikhúsið also caters to those who want the best of Icelandic lamb and fish.
Darien, Connecticut
“Wonderful meal.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The place to try the local delicacies. Minke whale, that tastes just like steak. Icelandic lamb, grass fed. Fish of course, fresh caught that morning. Icelandic lobster, sweet and tender. They also have sea bird, can't remember the name but it was described and "the puffins ugly cousin'. The desserts were delicious also. The waiter was very enthusiastic and explained every dish and its preparation when serving. Over all a very enjoyable meal.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sumac_13

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Seltjarnarnes, Iceland
“Really good steakhouse, great service, great food.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my wife went to this restraurant on our anniversary. We had a set menu called "summer -feast" We had 3 different "tapas" style starters, all of wich were delicious. Then we had steak as a main course. Perfectly cooked and great tasting. For desert we had chocolet /caramel cake with ice cream. It was unbeleavably good.

The service was excellent,, almost to good,, because it only took 1,5 hours start to finish.

But I highly reccomend this steakhouse,, I am going there again , for sure.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank heyvinds
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Couldn't be better”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my friend love steaks - we've had many between us but this one topped them all. We were just walking around town, trying to find a restaurant to eat at for our girls night out and fell in at The Steak House, and boy were we glad we did!
We had one of the best waiters I've met (and I'm a waiter myself) and we got the best steaks of our lives! I'm only twenty so I hope that I will someday find anything that is as good as this but it probably won't be very soon... It was perfect all together - both the steak and the vegetables we chose, I can't really praise it enough. I haven't been able to stop talking about it since.
I recommend it to every single steaklover out there !!

Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“Best steak in Reykjavik”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I love my meat... no really, I love my steaks, and meat.

The Steak House is just amazing. Everything just clicks. The service is on par with the food and that is a huge compliment to the staff because the food is by far the best I've had in this bracket.

The waiters know their red wine and don't push the expensive wine if they think another bottle fits your meal better.

For 2 people, you can eat a brilliant 3 course meal for around 200$ including a great bottle of wine.

Highly recommend The Steak House.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing T-bone”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The thing I love most about good Icelandic restaurants is that they serve home-baked bread, with home made butter, and it is amazing, and they replace it once you're finished and don't add it to the bill!
The T-bone steak was without a doubt the best I've ever had. Don't be a fool and order something other than steak in this restaurant!
We arrived at about 10.30pm (the sun still being high confused us) and I think the waitress was annoyed at first. But once I expressed how impressed I was with the food, she warmed to me :)
The potato gratin was amazing but I wanted to try all the sides because they all sounded so good!
You can pay about £35 worth for a 400g steak but it's worth it. Made my night! Don't miss out!!!

1 Thank Ramsey J