“Fantastic Steak”

Ranked #20 of 521 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Argentinean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A five story concrete building that once housed offices on the upper floors and a metalwork company on the ground floor, now is the home of restaurant The Steakhouse on the ground floor, the four floors above are now apartments. The old harbor area of Reykjavik has in the last couple of years, changed in to a real gem where various cuisines, museums and arts and crafts have replaced the metalworks and fisheries. The newest addition is STEIKHÚSIÐ, which simply means „The Steak House”. The name is a deliberately this simple and descriptive, the aim is to be the only steakhouse you think of after the first visit. The heart of Steikhúsið is the coal oven from Mibrasa and the soul is our own way of tendering meat for at least 28 days. Those who seek for something purely Icelandic won’t be disappointed, Steikhúsið also caters to those who want the best of Icelandic lamb and fish.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night with my Wife. The food was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. The restaurant is small so booking recommended. Most if the locals seemed to be going for the lamb. I'll try that next time!

3  Thank Nigel_Havant

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Best food and service, good atmospheric. I recommend this restaurants to everyone who wants a good steak

4  Thank ajohannsd
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My favorite restaurant today, the food and service was outstanding. We hade a variety of starters and sirloin steak, am still thinking about it

5  Thank Eyrún I
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on New Year's Eve and were given a set menu with one choice of starter, various mains and a couple of dessert choices. Now I know I'm slightly biased (if you've ever read one of my reviews before, you might get to realise that I'm not a fishy person, however I have been known to eat it and have enjoyed it when I have!), but, this is a steakhouse! I didn't think I'd have a problem! If you've ever seen the monty python 'spam' sketch you might appreciate what I'm saying! Langoustine was included as part of the starter in the form of a fish cake but then every main course choice came with a langoustine and the only steak choice was a 'surf and turf'! That aside, the food was actually really good (I shamefully say that I didn't eat my langoustine, I just couldn't face it!) and very filling. My partner had the goose and reluctantly left some as he just couldn't finish it. (He did eat his langoustine though!). Dessert was delicious, the waiting staff were very good; attentive when necessary but not overbearing and I would definitely recommend this place and would visit again.

2  Thank KarenR34
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We travel to Iceland last November and we ate at this place. The quality of the food and the service was amazing, we ordered T bone steak that were cooked in a MIBRASA Charcoal Oven.This oven is amazing! The Chef explain us that is made in Spain, close to Barcelona (www.mibrasa.com).We also love a lot that you can virtually watch the chefs cooking it through the hatch in the restaurant. Again I do recommend the Restaurant and the T bone steak that was delicious! Don't miss this Restaurant if you visit Reykjavik!

2  Thank Tomas D