“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Steak House

The Steak House
Ranked #30 of 462 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A five story concrete building that once housed offices on the upper floors and a metalwork company on the ground floor, now is the home of restaurant The Steakhouse on the ground floor, the four floors above are now apartments. The old harbor area of Reykjavik has in the last couple of years, changed in to a real gem where various cuisines, museums and arts and crafts have replaced the metalworks and fisheries. The newest addition is STEIKHÚSIÐ, which simply means „The Steak House”. The name is a deliberately this simple and descriptive, the aim is to be the only steakhouse you think of after the first visit. The heart of Steikhúsið is the coal oven from Mibrasa and the soul is our own way of tendering meat for at least 28 days. Those who seek for something purely Icelandic won’t be disappointed, Steikhúsið also caters to those who want the best of Icelandic lamb and fish.
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Visited here on a Saturday night during a long weekend in Iceland, very pleasant and helpful staff, who quickly showed us to a table and efficiently brought bread and took our order.
We both decided to go for the steak as you can virtually watch the chefs cooking it through the hatch in the restaurant.
I requested mine to be medium and my partner well done, what arrived on the table was nothing like ordered, my steak was what i would class as very rare, bearly any brown on it at all, and my partners was rare. Ok you are probably thinking, send them back to be cooked more, but in our opinions they should have done this initially, as there is no way those steaks were cooked as requested.
Overall a nice restaurant with good staff, but make sure when you order a steak they cook it how you want it, not how they want to cook it

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank monteeymark

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent food, but the wine was more expenisve then in other similiar restaurants in Reykjavík. Great overall experience!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank IngaRAN
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went there on a saturday night six o´clock and already the place was buzzing, the menu looked great and I ordered Grill feast, it came with 3 starters and a choice of lamb or monkfish for main course and I ordered the fish and man,,,, it was delicious, it came with baked potato and 2 kinds of sauces and a very good coleslaw,, it was great, I had tickets to the theater that night so I did not have time for dessert but I don´t have to worry cause I´m going to the Steak house again soon :)
I liked the fact that I did not go out broke,

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Cow6grl
Budapest, Hungary
“Meat how it should be made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you enjoy a good steak, this is the best place in Reykjavík.
The atmosphere is good, and the meat is cooked to perfection.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank einarjon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How a steak should taste !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Decided to try it out with my husband and father in law. To put it simply - Fantastic! We went for the 3 course steak feast, for starter we had BBQ chicken with blue cheese and BBQ dip, spring roles with puffin filling and seafood spears. All brilliant. As a main course we got the lamb with bernaise and it was cooked to perfection, they have coal grill oven which gives a genuine BBQ flavor. My dad is a farmer and lamb has been on the menu at least once a week all my life so it's difficult to impress me with lamb but boy did they succeed, one of the best ever. For desert we got some sort of cheesecake with liqurice, passion fruit and chocolate - freaky combination but such a delight! The service was very good and the atmosphere welcoming. So all in all a brilliant place to dine and not to pricy ! 100% going back there soon :)

1 Thank mariagudjons