“Great place”

Ranked #30 of 473 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Argentinean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A five story concrete building that once housed offices on the upper floors and a metalwork company on the ground floor, now is the home of restaurant The Steakhouse on the ground floor, the four floors above are now apartments. The old harbor area of Reykjavik has in the last couple of years, changed in to a real gem where various cuisines, museums and arts and crafts have replaced the metalworks and fisheries. The newest addition is STEIKHÚSIÐ, which simply means „The Steak House”. The name is a deliberately this simple and descriptive, the aim is to be the only steakhouse you think of after the first visit. The heart of Steikhúsið is the coal oven from Mibrasa and the soul is our own way of tendering meat for at least 28 days. Those who seek for something purely Icelandic won’t be disappointed, Steikhúsið also caters to those who want the best of Icelandic lamb and fish.
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Great place”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went there on a saturday night six o´clock and already the place was buzzing, the menu looked great and I ordered Grill feast, it came with 3 starters and a choice of lamb or monkfish for main course and I ordered the fish and man,,,, it was delicious, it came with baked potato and 2 kinds of sauces and a very good coleslaw,, it was great, I had tickets to the theater that night so I did not have time for dessert but I don´t have to worry cause I´m going to the Steak house again soon :)
I liked the fact that I did not go out broke,

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Cow6grl

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Budapest, Hungary
“Meat how it should be made”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you enjoy a good steak, this is the best place in Reykjavík.
The atmosphere is good, and the meat is cooked to perfection.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank einarjon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How a steak should taste !”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Decided to try it out with my husband and father in law. To put it simply - Fantastic! We went for the 3 course steak feast, for starter we had BBQ chicken with blue cheese and BBQ dip, spring roles with puffin filling and seafood spears. All brilliant. As a main course we got the lamb with bernaise and it was cooked to perfection, they have coal grill oven which gives a genuine BBQ flavor. My dad is a farmer and lamb has been on the menu at least once a week all my life so it's difficult to impress me with lamb but boy did they succeed, one of the best ever. For desert we got some sort of cheesecake with liqurice, passion fruit and chocolate - freaky combination but such a delight! The service was very good and the atmosphere welcoming. So all in all a brilliant place to dine and not to pricy ! 100% going back there soon :)

1 Thank mariagudjons
Richland, Washington
“The best meal we had in Reykjavik”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Didn't realize this was a steakhouse when we walked in as we didn't see the name of the restuarant. We were just walking down the street and we were hungry. Because I didn't realize it was a steakhouse I ordered the monkfish, and I'm glad I did. I had never experienced monkfish before. I cannot describe how delicious it was, my taste buds were going wild. But the delicious food didn't stop there, the dessert was to die for. The service was excellent as well. Will go back the next time we're in town.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Raymond V
Reykjavík
“Disappointing burger”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Got the burger, it was advertised to be filled with brie and 180 gr of meat. The service was quick, maybe too quick because the burger was raw. I like my burgers medium rare not red and raw. The taste was bland and I couldn´t find the cheese, could only taste the portobello mushroom and the raw meat followed by the pickled onions that i specifically told the waiter to skip. And that burger was really expensive. Would not buy it again, maybe their steaks are good.

• Visited October 2012