“Best Simple Breakfast in Nice Cozy Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bergsson Mathus
Ranked #21 of 454 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Simple Breakfast in Nice Cozy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great small breakfast place for simple breakfasts, good price, nice friendly folks. A nice change from the buffet at the Borg around the corner. Old fashioned, warm, and cozy.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Reykjavik
“Sooo good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very fresh ingredients and dishes every day and open 7:00 - 19:00. I love their spinach lasagna and basically everything the offer. Love love love.

• Visited June 2013
Reykjavik
“OMG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

When a chef manages to make a healthy food so tasty your life is good. All I have to say to traveller to Reykjavik is GO THERE!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Skjalfandi
Reykjavík, Iceland
“Healthy, tasty and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Even though I work in central Reykjavik I don´t often go out for lunch - I often find the food too heavy and a bit too expensive for my budget. Then I discovered Bergsson - and I´ve treated myself to a healthy, tasty meal there whenever I feel like doing something special or meeting some friends for lunch. The menu of the day offers some truly tempting dishes, the homemade bread is wonderful, all the salads are fresh and delicious, I have never been disappointed at Bergsson and I always feel good and satisfied after a meal there. I most higly recommend it.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank gudrunbach
Austin, TX
“Great find on a snowy day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

When traveling I try to preview menus due to my husband's food allergies and my being a vegetarian. We had walked by with interest yesterday but with no menu posted outside we chose another spot for a late lunch. Today was a rainy, snowy day so we took a chance since this was close by. What a great find!

It's a cozy spot just below street level with a warm, welcoming feel and clean, modern furnishings. Orders are placed at the counter with quick service to the table.

The menu is limited to a few items daily but both our choices were delicious. I chose the soup and salad. The soup of the day was a carrot coconut blend with nice spices along with a slice of bread. This was accompanied by 3 types of salad - mixed greens, beet, and a sweet potato / eggplant mix. My husband chose the baked chicken (2 pieces) atop a bed of barley plus the side salads.

Serving size was just right leaving us both satisfied. Prices are in line with other Reykjavik city center restaurants which seem high but considering the quality of the food it's not a fair comparison to many restaurants in the States.

The spinach lasagna on offer today is one of their specialties so we plan to make another visit soon.

• Visited December 2012