“Cozy loft restaurant just on the shopping street” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sakebarinn

Sakebarinn
Ranked #172 of 454 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stavanger
“Cozy loft restaurant just on the shopping street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

There were lots of Sushi on offer on Laugavegur, but it was the location on the second floor of an old house that inspired me to choose this one for dinner.
The entrance is very welcoming with narrow stairs leading up to the restaurant. I was met by smiles and greetings from several staff members.
I chose the sushi&stick menu for one. First I got fried beans with Maldon salt and sesame oil- what a lovely appetizer. The reindeer stick, beef stick and shrimp stick were all very tasty. Sushi was also good. Lovely staff, decent prices and very cozy setting made me like it.
Try it

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've tried Sake Barinn twice and I always find it very fresh and tasty...definitely recommend it to everyone that are sushi lovers :)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lissie07
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Awesome sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to Japan and therefore know how good sushi can really be. The Volcano sushi I had at Sakebarinn was the best I have EVER tried so that's saying much! I recommend this place to everyone :)

• Visited February 2014
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Awesome rolls! Must Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I give this place a 5 stars for their food. I took away one star for the service. I felt as though certain things took way too long - like getting us our check. We had to ask for the check twice. Then no one came to pick it up, so we walked it over to the cashier because I was eager to leave. We also had to ask for my boyfriend's sake order twice. It got busier as the night went on, so I understand some delay. But if you can't get to everyone then maybe you need another server on the floor.. just my opinion. anyway, those aren't major blunders, and I would go back again in a heartbeat. The rolls we had were really unique and fresh!

Side note - i think there is a bit of confusion. are sushibarinn and sakebarinn owned by the same people? Their menus look the same. I think a lot of people have been leaving reviews for sushibarinn getting them confused...

• Visited August 2013
Athens, Greece
“Too many twists for my taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice quality of ingredients but a bit complicated without reason. In such a place with all those fresh fish its a shame to cover them in too many ingredients. Also, roll with cream cheese?? Why?

Visited August 2013