“Excellent tour, very knowledgeable guide” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GeoIceland Day Tours

GeoIceland Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Geoiceland is a small company offering day trips operated always by 18 seats minibuses. We visit the most interesting attractions in Iceland, such as the Golden Circle, the South Coast, and the Reykjanes peninsula & the Blue Lagoon. Our focus is on the geology of the island, and our credo is "Small, Personal, and Sustainable."
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour, very knowledgeable guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We did a tour of southern iceland and Javier was really good. He's a nice guy and knows a lot. I can warmly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kent, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Javier very knowledgable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I did two tours with Javier last summer while visiting Iceland (July 2012). His background in glaciers makes him not only a tour guide but a teacher at the same time. He showed us amazing waterfalls, glaciers and hidden wonders the big tour buses missed. The South Shore tour was our favorite -- especially the puffins! He has a great sense of humor and is very patient with the needs of his tour people of the day. We had plenty of time to explore and photograph the beauty of Iceland.

Visited July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Great insights into wonderful Iceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had always wanted to visit Iceland and her wonderful attractions.
Initially we planned on renting a car and seeing the sights ourselves but luckily we signed up with GeoIceland tours (Golden Circle and South Coast adventure).
There's so more to Iceland than just pretty pictures. With GeoIceland, we gained lots of insights into Icelandic history, geology, culture, economy and the people. Amazing things that made the scenery even wonderful.

Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucket list check! Thanks to Javier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in Iceland week of April 7. The days are getting longer and it was the final week to view the northern lights. Javier monitors the weather forecast (so the sky is cloud-free), and the Iceland Met office for their Northern Lights forecast before booking a trip. I appreciate a tour operator not just taking money, but someone wanting to make sure that you have a good experience. On our trip he was a little worried because of the intensity forecast diminishing the prior 12 hours.

We parked at the site and there they were-- the Northern Lights. Javier sets up a camera with a long exposure, and I have a picture of myself with the green streak of lights behind me! I teared up seeing it. Javier emailed me a copy of the picture the next day.

His education in geology and glacial research leads to a very informative tour experience. He even gave us a little background of the "elf" folklore.

I would recommend Javier anytime for an informative experience marked by a thoughtful tour operator such as Javier.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ddd751
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Iceland Trip - Northern Lights Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We did a Northern Lights tour with Javier over the Easter 2013 weekend, and I was genuinely impressed with his knowledge of Icelandic history as well as the geology of the country. I had read in numerous reviews prior to travelling that many tour guides were difficult to understand, but Javier's English was perfect, and he had a great sense of humour too.

We were also very fortunate that evening, with a great display by mother nature, which Javier happily captured with his special camera. He did forward us the photos very promptly, which was greatly appreciated. Overall, a very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful guide. The transportation was also very comfortable.

Visited March 2013