“Older couple enjoys best of South Iceland with Javier”

GeoIceland Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Geoiceland is a small company offering day trips operated always by 18 seats minibuses. We visit the most interesting attractions in Iceland, such as the Golden Circle, the South Coast, and the Reykjanes peninsula & the Blue Lagoon. Our focus is on the geology of the island, and our credo is "Small, Personal, and Sustainable."
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Older couple enjoys best of South Iceland with Javier”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are in our 70's and wondered if we could keep up with our young tour guide. He made sure we expeienced everything, showing us an easy way onto the glacier, at Geysir and at the beach. He taught us about Iceland geology and explained so much of what we saw and experienced in a very interesting way. The small tour bus was comfortable and all our need were catered to. We reccommend Javier and Geoiceland Tours.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Thank you Javier for sharing with us your love and knowledge of this fascinating country... we had such a great time on this South Coast Day Tour with GeoIceland, the small group is just what is needed, we had, all at once, geographical, geological, political, economical, diplomatical teaching, in a very friendly environnement. I will, no doubt, recommand GeoIceland to anyone that goes to Iceland, and I strongly encourage everyone to go there at least once in a lifetime.

Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great guide and tours!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Iceland a few times now and gone on a few trips with GeoIceland day tours. Javier is very friendly and knowledgable about the country and as a geologist can share amazing facts about how this amazing place was formed and is forming still. It was beautiful and educational and fun! I can't wait to go back and take more trips to see more of beautiful Iceland and will definitely choose GeoIceland again and again.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank solara-jean
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Highlight of my Icelandic Experience”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Booked with Javier for the Golden Circle tour in mid-December prior to arriving in Iceland, and might I add - BEST decision made for my Iceland trip. Being a geologist, Javier is well-equipped with geological knowledge of this country. He was extremely approachable and answered all our questions that ranged from geology to Icelandic folklore to the economy! His extensive knowledge propelled my Icelandic experience to much greater heights. Not only did I leave with breathtaking picturesque Iceland burned into my memory, I also walked away with a headful of knowledge about Iceland. As a tourist, this is truly one of the best things you could get out of a tour. My only regret is that I did not book Javier for the South Coast tour (used a different company instead which was of higher ranking in TripAdvisor - it wasn't bad but it paled in comparison to Javier's). By far, this is the best tour I have ever experienced. My compliments to Javier! Based on what I experienced, I highly recommend GeoIceland for those seeking day tours in Iceland.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank jztang
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and interesting trip!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Javier is the best guide anyone can ask for! He is informed about geology - and Iceland is all about geology! The rocks, earthquake , geysirs, formation of the waterfalls, and all!

On top of that, the tour is well organised and on time, as well as being good value for money. Having a really informed tour guide who is friendly and is willing to engage with us made this tour an amazing and memorable one, thank you Javier!

3 Thank Pineapplemargerita