“Gorgeous jewellery” 5 of 5 bubbles

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Gorgeous jewellery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

After having a good look around lots of jewellery shops in Reykjavik I came to the conclusion that Metal Design had the most original selection of pieces at the most reasonable prices.
I was lucky enough to visit the shop when the craftsman was in and had a good chat.
In the end I bought some lovely earrings and matching necklace for my mum and I (she loved them!).

Visited May 2014
3 Thank lounewc

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Really good service. Amazing art peaces to buy. If you really want to make someone happy back home, this is place to visit:-)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Palken
Toronto, Canada
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 305 helpful votes
“Great design, pieces feel fluid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I like this shop a lot.

The first time I went there it was closed and I stared in the window a long time looking at each piece. Right away I knew I'd be back to buy something here.

The pieces have nice lines, the work feels fluid.

It was a pleasure meeting the designer, Stefán Bogi Stefánsson. He was a thoughtful person who took time with us, without pressuring sales at all. I tried on many pieces, and bought 3 for myself. I rarely buy jewelry, but there is something special about his work.

I came back the next day and bought 3 necklaces as gifts. I e-mailed in advance what I wanted and Stefán had the 3 pieces made when I arrived later that day.

As well as jewelry he had some attractive silver candle sticks and a silver bowl he was working on. But 1 ring and 5 necklaces later I had to show some restraint!

I highly recommend this store. They are centrally located, downtown at Skólavörðustígur 2, 101 Reykjavík (just up from Laugavegur). It's an area with a lot of art availble.

Visited November 2013
jordan canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My necklace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently purchased a silver necklace with moonstone from Stefan at Metal Design.
I love it and think of Iceland every time I see and touch it. I really enjoyed shopping at Metal Design. It was a laid back and fun experience. I feel I have a little piece of Iceland with me until I am fortunate enough to visit this beautiful country again. Thank you Stefan. Taki.

Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Engagement Ring Delivered to Right to my Door Step”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Unbelievable story about Metal Design that I've just got to share with you. So, after chatting with the artist and owner for a while I finally selected the ring that rules them all. I had been all around Reykjavik visiting different jewelry stores, but this one had the most uniquely icelandic pieces with the best prices. So, I bought the engagement ring. The design is inspired by the iceland stones and it sits well with a silver additional ring. I asked to have a engraving inside the ring. I asked for my bride to be's name, Ditte along a reference to our favorite danish book about love called "SIG JA" (Say Yes) written inside the ring. The artist cooly said that he would give it a shot free of charge. Since, I was leaving early the next morning he asked for the address where I was staying. I gave it to him and told me he would personally deliver the engraved engagement ring to my door step that night. Can you believe that? And sure enough exactly when he said he would be there he arrived with a small black box. He is a genuine artist with a appreciation for quality design and service.

Visited April 2013