“Fab place in Reykjavik.”

Room With a View Apartments
Ranked #15 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Reykjavik
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Myself and 4 friends have just arrived home after a 4 night stay at these lovely apartments, which are smack bang on the 'main' street.
We had a 2 bedroom apt. Room 401, next to the lift which did not disrupt us with any noise. One double bedroom had on suite bathroom/shower.
The other room had 2 double beds and 1 single.
All the bedding was brilliant white and all beds had memory foam mattresses, the pillow was a little too flat for me but to be honest, we were so exhausted from our day trips, as soon as my head hit the pillow i was out like a light!
There was plenty of room to avoid invading one another's space, and the apt was well supplied with cutlery/crockery and all other kitchen appliances.
Decor was contemporary with plenty of seating space in both the kitchen and lounge area.
Bathroom was clean with a good shower, and complimentary toiletries. My only gripe was that there was not enough towels, but i'm sure if we had asked we would have been supplied with them, we took our own so it wasn't a major issue.
The apts were always nice and warm.
The reception staff were wonderful and went out of their way to answer any questions we asked, and were very helpful.
There is indeed a wonderful view from the top floor where the Jacuzzi is. ( sadly we never found the time to use it) (Maybe next time!)
We hired a car for 3 days which worked out cheaper for us with there being 5 of us, A TIP! Take extra insurance if hiring, for gravel protection..we got a lovely cracked windscreen from a passing lorry, panic set in and we phoned the hire car company... "no problem, just bring the car back and we will exchange it" Brilliant!!
There is an amazing shop next door to the apts which sells goods/souvenirs, and has a little cafe at the back of the shop which does the most fantastic breakfasts.
We went there every morning. Not the cheapest, but definitely the best!
We dined on an evening, just around the corner at Vegemont? where the staff and meals were great.
Unfortunately we did not see 'the lights' but this has given us the excuse to go back to this wonderful country with its wonderful lovely laid back people.
Forget the price of things... just go!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank soniaroberts05

Reviewed March 23, 2014

To be honest we want for a budget studio as it was cheap. When we arrived we found a really nice room, yes it may have been a little rough round the edges but these didn't spoil the stay. Basic kitchen facilities, which allowed us to take packed lunches on the tours. Room was noisy on a weekend as it is on the main street and you can't blame a hotel for revellers outside.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Apprecaited the central location of this hotel. Rooms were spacious and very modern. All the ammenities that you could think of were provided and was great, after having traveled for a week, to have the ability to actually cook our own meals. Bed was comfortable. Shower was modern. Within walking distance to most major sites in town. Jessica (I think) at the front desk was very helpful. Only downside was that the parking lot, behind the hotel is VERY small. We ended up parking on a neighbouring street, which was fine, but cost us about $1,000 Krona, from 2 p.m. Saturday till about 6:00 p.m. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I cannot recommend the hotel enough, particularly the staff, *****Jennifer***** and Birna.

I made my booking through Booking.com and totally screwed it up (do not believe them when they say they book without charging, it all depends on the hotels cancellation policy). I completely screwed the booking up but the staff at the hotel were beyond amazing.

We had a busy itinerary and my initial booking was for 3 straight nights. I later changed this to different nights which was changed immediately by the hotel when I contacted them by email. Nothing was too much trouble. By the time I arrived in Reykjavik, at 1AM, my plans had changed again, meaning I had no hotel booked for arrival. I went to the hotel and asked and they gave me a room key and told me not to worry, it would all be sorted in the morning.

I spoke with the amazing Jennifer in the morning, who quickly changed my booking (for the umpteenth time) to cover two nights when I returned to Reykjavik.

After a few days expoloring, we arrived back at the hotel late at night. My booking had been amended and we were given a key for an apartment across the street. When we got to the room (152) we were amazed. The decor was incredible - very romantic/sexy in black and red! The room was immaculate with a large kitchen and diner in black and red, with double doors leading through to an amazing bed (with electric adjustments for sitting up and relaxing!). The bathroom was also incredible with a shower for several people and a jacuzzi that easily accomodated two, and we're both very tall!

It really helped make our stay in Reykjavik a memorable one. I experienced customer service like never before and I'm so thankful to the staff at the hotel. I cannot recommend the place highly enough.

Room Tip: 152 is amazing for a couple. Very sexy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I travel all over the world for work and this is the best place I stay in. Its an apart-hotel with a great kitchen in every apartment. Location is perfect and the staff are always very pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are fantastic and the decor very cool. Rooms on the top floor are to die for. If you ever get offered room 601 just say thank you and thank your lucky stars.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days and it's the nuts. What more could you ask for. Modern apartments tastefully decorated and furnished. I had the pleasure of two apartments as book ed last minute so had to move but wasn't disappointed. I packed my clothes went out came back and cases in new room. No hassle. Nice and central. Lovely shop next door called around Iceland. Looks loke a gift shop from the outside bit towards the back there is a lost in time coffee shop. Fabulous hearty breakfasts. Cakes and waffles and pancakes. There is a 24/7 supermarket down the hill for provisions and just past that a laundromat cafe with its own laundry room in the basement. The bistro is a lovely place to eat. We tried minke whale here. Loved it. The noodle station just up the hill is a must. Eat in or take away. All in all loads to see and do. Don't be out off by the smell of the hot water it's geo thermal and it stinks of sulphur but doesn't linger once showered. It's free for the icelandic people. The cold water is a delight straight from the tap as they pride themselves in having the best water in the world. Enjoy

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leeksy56
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, we were in the main apartments but at another set of apartments about 100m down the road. Our apartment was spacious, clean and had everything you could need. We stayed here for the price and the location. You could walk everywhere you needed to in the city from here with a lot of sights only a 5-10 minute walk away.

The only slight problem we had is some of the other guests were a bit noisy but to be honest we expected this, however for the location and price we were very happy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple