All reviews modern design higher floor perfect location concert hall steam room street noise heart of downtown bring earplugs early hours breakfast buffet blue lagoon bars and restaurants rooms are small happy hour northern lights dill partying
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

A very central hotel in the heart of the town. Rooms are nice and comfortable and the sitting room is cosy with a fireplace.

I am a returning client and so have stayed here before, however all through our stay the service we received was below average and especially bad when trying to check out. This is an expensive hotel so you should expect a decent level of service.

Service at breakfast was very slow, even when there were no one else in the breakfast room they took a very long time to cook porridge and eggs etc. On the 2nd day this took 25 minutes and the excuse was that there was only one person in the kitchen. Honestly not the guests problem so Hotel should deal with this.

We checked out at noon and sat in the lounge doing a bit of work before leaving. The receptionist then comes in to ask when i was checking out and paying, I told him I had just done it a few minutes earlier. He then said that no I hadn’t. I even had the receipt. He then started calling the other receptionist and at no stage was apologetic about treating me like a criminal. This went on for a bit and due to the lack of communication from the hotels side I am not sure how it was solved, but the reaction was just raised shoulders.

Overall a nice hotel in a good location but the general lack of friendliness and customer service from the staff (even if not taking the last experience into consideration) is not acceptable and personally I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Asst. Hotel Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Vikingtours, thank you for posting a review regarding your resent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed certain aspects of the hotel, such as our comfortable rooms, location and the cosy fire place in the lounge. However I am very sorry to hear that your interaction with our team was not aligned with your expectations or our usual standard. This is a very rare occurrence that I assure you will not happen again, as we greatly pride ourselves on our extraordinary service and rationalization of each guests’s experience. 101 hotel prides itself on the refined and luxury experience that make each of our valued guests delighted and eager to return. If you do chose to return to our hotel, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange your reservation and make sure you have a most pleasant stay. Once again, I sincerely apologize for this experience and we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We booked a junior suite here and it was a lovely big, modern, and light room with shower, bath etc. The staff, from receptionist to staff in the restaurant, were all very pleasant and efficient. The food was good too. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that the double glazing was not of good enough quality to stop the noise of the traffic (it was a corner suite) or the revellers on a Friday and Saturday night. This seemed very surprising as it seemed to be a pretty new building.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarS27
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Asst. Hotel Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear CarS27, thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay at 101 hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us including our wonderful staff both in the reception and restaurant. We do offer different setups of suites, facing away from the streets that I would be happy to show you the next time you visit. Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the 101 hotel again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

This hotel is about as good as it gets in Reykjavik where there are no five star hotels, but I caution you to think twice (or three times?) before going to Iceland now.
With a national population of only 330,000, this country had 2.2 million tourists last year? It's too much tourism. It's ruining the country. It's a headache.
As our driver-guide, who makes his living off tourism, said, The country needs to be impose a quota. Sounds right to me.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Asst. Hotel Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear Hollister77, thank you for the 5 star review! I am so glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that you find 101 hotel to be the best in Reykjavik. Let me know next time you are planning a trip to Iceland as we would be delighted to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on the last leg of my Iceland trip, I wish I started here and stayed the whole time! It is in walking distance to everything downtown and has a chic bar and restaurant. The room had a mini bar which was well stocked and saved me when the sun still out at 2am but everything closed left me hungry. Staff is really friendly too.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear babigyrl5,Thank you for proclaiming us to be the "Perfect location" and I appreciate you taking the time to write this and of course for the "5" star ranking! You mentioned some very specific and detailed items in the hotel and we are thrilled that you found them to be so intriguing. I trust we will be seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Excellent location! Super cool, sleek, modern, artsy. Easy walking distance to all of the great shops and restaurants. I loved that! The front desk went above and beyond to help me.Everyone was extremely helpful and kind. I didn't have breakfast there but I heard that the buffet was excellent. It is really a cool boutique hotel. Definitely ask for a quiet room. It is close to a nightclub.

Probably the only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was the placement of the bathroom in our room. The bathroom and the bedroom were not separate.No partition between the two. The sink was in the bedroom and the shower was "on display" in the room. For example, if you were sitting on the bed you would have a full view of someone in the shower....clear glass and mirrors, no curtain, no clouded glass. For some people this wouldn't be a problem but I like my bathroom time to be private. (The toilet was separate and had a door) but I just hated the whole bathroom set up. Expensive hotel but the location and the service were outstanding.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room. There is a night club near by and can be loud
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ghost595

Dear ghost595, thank you for this delightful review of 101 hotel. The whole team is extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the hotels location and our outstanding service. We do offer many sizes and different setups of rooms that I would be happy to show you the next time you visit. We look so much forward having you staying with us again on your future trips to Reykjavik.

Warmest regards,